Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Any news about the updates and new chapters? This is really getting ridiculous. Over two months since the last update and still no sign of bug fixing or additional chapters. After playing the first Ash I had such high hopes about this game, what a disappointment...
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Don't have it installed to find out, but apparently the 2nd chapter is finally out (and all versions are on sale).
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Hey all:

Our sincere apologies for not attending to all of your outstanding questions sooner. We should have been on top of this thread and we just weren't; we take your feedback very seriously and we absolutely should have been a part of this discussion.

First: Chapter 2 is live. Yay! To be clear, this is more than just Chapter 2: we have significantly improved the game. This update is probably the biggest package of bug fixes and performance improvements we have ever released, in our history. No joke. It was our bad that the game launched with the problems many of you have identified; we are now confident saying that we've tackled every issue we knew of head-on. We sincerely hope you'll give the game, in its entirety, a second look. The game takes up less space on the device; it runs MUCH better on all devices (those of you with the iPhone 4 and iPad 1 should see dramatic performance improvements); all of the game-breaking bugs we knew of have been addressed. This is how the game should have launched, frankly.

Second, we can't address the marketing specifically, but we do want to make one thing clear: subsequent chapters will not take this long to release. There was a specific set of circumstances that we regrettably cannot speak to publicly that led to the length of time between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. We are significantly further along in content than what you see now. (We would be more specific but we can't!)

In any case, we all want to thank you for your continued support. It really sucks that there's been confusion around the game and that you've felt disappointed in the game's release schedule and the communication around it. We promise to do better. Please do check out the latest version; we really think you'll be surprised by what you find.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Well dayum, it really is about time! Ash/Ash 2 are amazing games and it's shame it took so long to get chapter 2 out (one of the many reasons I'm not usually into episodic gaming) -- but thank you anyway!!! It's really great news to logon and see that Chapter is finally good to go, so thanks guys! =)
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

srrngames - thanks for responding!

Have had this on the backburner for a while, but will definately download it now. Update sounds great (as well as the second chapter, of course)!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well the game is finally playable now...no more loading errors...sound errors..any errors(even the d-pad is fixed)

Just finished chapter 1 which overall I felt more like a demo gameplay wise just to carry out a story that plays out later. And that's haard to do I guess..the difficulty went from easy too hard to easy...some plant boss was the only thing I had trouble with...but I killed the "final" boss pretty easily without even trying... Starting chapter 2 feels new and fresh I hope the game eventually gets back to being As good as the first game.. Indunno I guess the first one had better battles and story... I feel like they're gonna stretch this alot further than it should have but it's ok I guess, there's enough likable characters and mystery...

Now would be the time to play this game or the first one... All thr bugs are finnally gone and u can actually play the game, don't really feel like going back and playing chapter 1, I'm already liking chapter 2 alot more...

Spoilers (minor,end of ch1 and speculation)

•••Spoiler:  This is panning out to be a really epic story mainly about humanity,friendship...life etc.. Its gonna end being some kind of star wars level of epicness...I dunno it would suck if the main hero is the final boss, I think it will be more than that though. Playing chapter 2 I realize that most of or all of my emotional caring is towards Nicholas and maybe that's why ch1 felt so slow and dragging.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 AM

I'm glad to hear chapter 3 won't take as long as I'm anxious to see what happens next!

I posted a few bugs I've been having over on the SRRN forums. I have to say some things (particularly transitions to the menu) are quite slow on my 4g Touch. It sill drives me crazy that there are two keypresses to get to the world map, especially when switching from the game screen to the first menu screen is so slow.

I think Chapter 2 took me about 5 hours. Game difficulty is much better but still much easier than the original (especially the bosses).

Spoilers for Chapter 2:

•••Spoiler:  So does it make any real difference whether you choose to save the village? I saved it -- if Nick were in the habit of letting innocent villagers be slaughtered he wouldn't be in this mess to begin with, would he? But I replayed the bit between the choice point and returning the crown, storming the castle instead of saving the village -- and it looks like it picks up the same way after the crown is returned?

EDIT: Could someone remind me what happened to the King that left the Magistrate in charge in the first place? I didn't play Ash that long ago, but I can't remember. Must be getting old! :-)

Last edited by Bethany; 05-03-2012 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: Added question
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
EDIT: Could someone remind me what happened to the King that left the Magistrate in charge in the first place? I didn't play Ash that long ago, but I can't remember. Must be getting old! :-)
•••Spoiler:  
I think he was either killed by the black guard or just died somehow to where the magistrate was able to manipulate the situation and take control.

How would compare ch1 with ch2 gameplay and story wise without spoilers from ch 2 except for the very begining?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
I'm glad to hear chapter 3 won't take as long as I'm anxious to see what happens next!

I posted a few bugs I've been having over on the SRRN forums. I have to say some things (particularly transitions to the menu) are quite slow on my 4g Touch. It sill drives me crazy that there are two keypresses to get to the world map, especially when switching from the game screen to the first menu screen is so slow.

I think Chapter 2 took me about 5 hours. Game difficulty is much better but still much easier than the original (especially the bosses).

Spoilers for Chapter 2:

•••Spoiler:  So does it make any real difference whether you choose to save the village? I saved it -- if Nick were in the habit of letting innocent villagers be slaughtered he wouldn't be in this mess to begin with, would he? But I replayed the bit between the choice point and returning the crown, storming the castle instead of saving the village -- and it looks like it picks up the same way after the crown is returned?

Bethany:

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. We're really glad you enjoyed the chapter! I'll make sure someone takes a look at your bug reports. Re: the speed of menu transitions, we've been working very hard to cut down on load times across the board. I won't bore you with the technical details, but we're frustratingly well-aware of the issue!

•••Spoiler:  Your choice absolutely makes a difference. The game does pick up the same way, but a later cutscene is different depending on your choice, and future cutscenes will be as well. Your choice has also affected the ending you're going to get. (There are three in total.)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrngames View Post
Bethany:

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. We're really glad you enjoyed the chapter! I'll make sure someone takes a look at your bug reports. Re: the speed of menu transitions, we've been working very hard to cut down on load times across the board. I won't bore you with the technical details, but we're frustratingly well-aware of the issue!

•••Spoiler:  Your choice absolutely makes a difference. The game does pick up the same way, but a later cutscene is different depending on your choice, and future cutscenes will be as well. Your choice has also affected the ending you're going to get. (There are three in total.)
Oooh, interesting.

It seems like other people aren't getting the same errors I am. (I posted there with user name Wingsrising.) I guess my iPod is special. :-)

Especially since •••Spoiler:  you now have at least a few choice points, have you considered adding more save slots? Or making the save files transferrable for backup through iTunes?

On a completely related note, are the 5 .savedata files the only ones I'd need to transfer with iExplorer to back up my saved games?