04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Is the developer planning to provide in-game tutorial? Up until now, i have no clue how to play it. Yes you have help function, but learning by playing is different with reading, at least to me. So this game just sits on my iphone but i never play it.

GC: desuki
Gameloft ID: aoisora
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Didn't know about this game, I downloaded it today and enjoyed very much.
However it keeps crashing sometimes (i.e. when I go to the shop or at the end of an online match). Anyone experiencing the same?
It's been a little pain. I don't even know if I received the cards I earned since it crashed right after the notices.
I'm on an iPod touch 4g with no other apps running on multitasking.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aoisora View Post
Is the developer planning to provide in-game tutorial? Up until now, i have no clue how to play it. Yes you have help function, but learning by playing is different with reading, at least to me. So this game just sits on my iphone but i never play it.
The help text is short and clear imo (have you really read it?), but maybe it's because I'm used to the genre. A playable tutorial would be nice for sure.

Last edited by Bloko; 04-27-2012 at 10:41 PM.

04-28-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
What's the best starter deck for a beginner?

Also, re: the requests for asynchronous multiplayer--is this something that is going to happen at some point?
Best starting decks would be Danann or Bearclaw.

At some point yes! But before async there will be other features, so not in the upcoming couple months.
more: http://cabalsgame.com/news.php?news=32

Last edited by Kyy Games; 04-28-2012 at 01:21 PM.
04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 1,267
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy Games View Post
Best starting decks would be Danann or Bearclaw.

Some point yes! But before async there will be other features, so not in the upcoming couple months.
more: http://cabalsgame.com/news.php?news=32
Async is the feature needed the most. I invested a lot of time early on, got up to about 78th on the rankings, but it required way too much time to maintain.

I love the game and am itching to return to it and will, but there's no way I can invest enough sync time to play on a regular basis. Cabals rocks but async rules.

If you haven't played Cabals, you should. You are missing one of the best games in the App store.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
04-29-2012, 02:09 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Async is the feature needed the most. I invested a lot of time early on, got up to about 78th on the rankings, but it required way too much time to maintain.

I love the game and am itching to return to it and will, but there's no way I can invest enough sync time to play on a regular basis. Cabals rocks but async rules.
All of this.

And, as I wrote a few posts up, while there are several real-time multiplayer TCGs for iOS, and at least two good asynchronous card games without any deck construction, trading or collectible aspects (Ascension and Nightfall), there is currently no game for iOS that combines the extreme convenience and accessibility of async with the sense of progression, additional context and incentives, and long-term strategy of deck construction and card collection.

Filling this niche would probably be a durned smart move, and one that might benefit Kyy Games greatly, as more and more players are becoming aware of the wonders of async, and more and more digital trading card gamers come down with a craving to play a good collectible card game at their own convenience and leisure.

A phenomenon that is growing all the more common is that many players will not even look at a turn-based multiplayer title unless it features async. While perhaps a bother and a pain for devs, in the end I believe this will lead to a paradigm shift in online mobile gaming, where people will play online, both casually and competitively, at any time, any point, freed from demands on their time and temporal incompatibilities. Imagine how easy it will be to sell IAP currency and in other ways monetize gaming in this climate

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 04-29-2012 at 02:21 AM.
05-03-2012, 09:51 AM
The Temple Tournament

The Temple Tournament

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Tournament time!

With the help of our active community member "Mip" a new tournament will be arranged once again. Tournament where only the mightiest ones will survive.

Rules have changed a bit so go and read all about it from Cabals Forum and sign up [url]http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=425[/url].
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloko View Post
Didn't know about this game, I downloaded it today and enjoyed very much.
However it keeps crashing sometimes (i.e. when I go to the shop or at the end of an online match). Anyone experiencing the same?
It's been a little pain. I don't even know if I received the cards I earned since it crashed right after the notices.
I'm on an iPod touch 4g with no other apps running on multitasking.



The help text is short and clear imo (have you really read it?), but maybe it's because I'm used to the genre. A playable tutorial would be nice for sure.
I have the crashing issue also and, unfortunately, this is what prevented me from getting interested in the game and taking advantage of the half-off sale last weekend.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
The Temple Tournament

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Tournament time!

With the help of our active community member "Mip" a new tournament will be arranged once again. Tournament where only the mightiest ones will survive.

Rules have changed a bit so go and read all about it from Cabals Forum and sign up http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=425.
Registration ends 12th of May, sign up now!


www.cabalsgame.com
05-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Great game, my favourite on IOS along with Ascension, check it out people!
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Cabals Map Contest

Hi

Now you have a great opportunity to design your own Cabals map.

It's great fun but also you have a chance to make history. The best two maps will be included in the game.

Read more from Cabals forum:
[url]http://cabalsgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=463[/url]

Last edited by Black Adder; 06-07-2012 at 09:20 AM.