Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludonaute View Post
Hi!

I am the publisher of Yggdrasil. I beg your pardon in advance for my poor English.

Here are some answers:
- there is no online mode for the application; we considered that it is not the best way to play such an application of a co-operative game.
- Of course we included a tutorial in the app
- Sorry, the app is not retina-enabled; we are thinking now about it (but we were so excited to release Yggdrasil for Ipad as soon as possible ). The issue is to combine retina with the size of the app...

I hope that you would enjoy the game.
Cheers!
Anne-Cécile
I love board game conversions to the iOS platform, but a gameplay video may be helpful for prospective purchasers, if you could post one.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I love board game conversions to the iOS platform, but a gameplay video may be helpful for prospective purchasers, if you could post one.
There is a trailer for this game that was posted to BoardGameGeek a few weeks ago. You can find it at the link below (it shows some snippets of gameplay footage):

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/96...-cabals-mother

I downloaded the app just a little while ago, and hoping to play through the tutorial this evening. I've really enjoyed several of the other cooperative board game-to-iPad conversions (Forbidden Island, Ghost Stories, Elder Sign, etc.), so looking forward to giving this a spin.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfPoseidon View Post
There is a trailer for this game that was posted to BoardGameGeek a few weeks ago. You can find it at the link below (it shows some snippets of gameplay footage):

I downloaded the app just a little while ago, and hoping to play through the tutorial this evening. I've really enjoyed several of the other cooperative board game-to-iPad conversions (Forbidden Island, Ghost Stories, Elder Sign, etc.), so looking forward to giving this a spin.
ran across that a couple weeks ago ...
everyone be careful clicking the link on that vid it is

LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD

like, dangerously loud.
not. kidding.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfPoseidon View Post

Thanks for the link. I'm hoping that Sanuku would post a timely vid. However, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the game.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 PM

Alright then, quick impressions.
The game is slick, reminds to Ghost Stories, and it's a steal at this price. Apart from some clumsiness (like the rulebook with the tiny text, the animated background in the main menu, and some minor annoyances) this is a very good game with immense depth and replay value, just as expected. Tried a couple matches with cheats on, very basic level, with one god, and managed to hold back the invading baddies -- again, very much like in GS, it has the same urgency if you know what I mean. The game is deep, with convoluted rules and mechanisms (in a good way, again), and I feel I just scratched the surface. Gonna spend much time with this bad boy, I'm sure.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
Alright then, quick impressions.
The game is slick, reminds to Ghost Stories, and it's a steal at this price. Apart from some clumsiness (like the rulebook with the tiny text, the animated background in the main menu, and some minor annoyances) this is a very good game with immense depth and replay value, just as expected. Tried a couple matches with cheats on, very basic level, with one god, and managed to hold back the invading baddies -- again, very much like in GS, it has the same urgency if you know what I mean. The game is deep, with convoluted rules and mechanisms (in a good way, again), and I feel I just scratched the surface. Gonna spend much time with this bad boy, I'm sure.
Does the game track any sort of single player stats like win/loss or highscores?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

While I haven't purchased GS, I've heard that there is a pretty steep learning curve. I know you just started jumping into this game, but from what you've seen thus far, is this a game that a 12 year old can understand and enjoy? I'm looking to play this with my family.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 PM

So there is a cooperative AI? Or is the one player mode just totally solo and is it satisfying to play that way ( never played the boardgame )
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
So there is a cooperative AI? Or is the one player mode just totally solo and is it satisfying to play that way ( never played the boardgame )
I'm ASSUMING (don't know for sure) it is going to be in the vein of the Ghost Stories, Elder Sign, Operation: Eradicate, and Forbidden Island board games. In all of those games you can control all players yourself or actually have live people sitting around a single iPad each taking on the role of one or more of the game's characters. These games are you vs. the environment so it isn't ever a matter of one player winning over the others, it's far more about you working together with each of the other characters (each usually sporting some cool unique abilities to help the cause) to defeat the situation at hand (stop a plague, clear out the ghost invasion, seal Ctuthulu and crew back in their own world, etc.). In these games there is no AI, per se, as it is just you overcoming various obstacles via strategic dice rolls or card plays.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludonaute View Post
Hi!

I am the publisher of Yggdrasil. I beg your pardon in advance for my poor English.

Here are some answers:
- there is no online mode for the application; we considered that it is not the best way to play such an application of a co-operative game.
- Of course we included a tutorial in the app
- Sorry, the app is not retina-enabled; we are thinking now about it (but we were so excited to release Yggdrasil for Ipad as soon as possible ). The issue is to combine retina with the size of the app...

I hope that you would enjoy the game.
Cheers!
Anne-Cécile
Needs Retina. The app is only 80 megs or so currently.