Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Brave Scots is Launched!

Available on the App Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brave-scots/id512361435?ls=1&mt=8
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the contest and the promo code. I've tried the game and have some questions...

1. Where is the tutorial or instructions?
2. Where's the level goal?
3. Is there really no way to zoom out?! In a game like this, zooming out so you can see both the weapon and what you're trying to hit is mandatory imho!
4. Is the menu banner down the left hand side supposed to be black with nothing on it? Seems stationary and just in the way of the scene.

I'm using a new iPad 3rd gen device to try to play this game. I had high hopes, as I love these aiming physics types, but so far I'm pretty disappointed. I like the Scottish theme though.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Thanks for the contest and the promo code. I've tried the game and have some questions...

3. Is there really no way to zoom out?! In a game like this, zooming out so you can see both the weapon and what you're trying to hit is mandatory imho!
4. Is the menu banner down the left hand side supposed to be black with nothing on it? Seems stationary and just in the way of the scene.

I'm using a new iPad 3rd gen device to try to play this game. I had high hopes, as I love these aiming physics types, but so far I'm pretty disappointed. I like the Scottish theme though.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Most people know what Angry Birds game-play is like and we thought they would not need instructions. The goal is to pass all 40 levels. But, there is high scores on each level. We are making a list of suggestions and will try to implement them into future versions.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Most people know what Angry Birds game-play is like and we thought they would not need instructions. The goal is to pass all 40 levels. But, there is high scores on each level. We are making a list of suggestions and will try to implement them into future versions.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsomotoGames View Post
Most people know what Angry Birds game-play is like and we thought they would not need instructions.
I'm a big Angry Birds player, so I definitely "know" how to play, but this game feels like half a game quite frankly. It feels like it's not finished and there are parts missing.

Just because I play Angry Birds, doesn't mean that I expect every slingshot physics game to play identically. Otherwise it's just ripping off/cloning Angry Birds, and what's the point to that? Your game should stand on its own two feet, as a full game whether Angry Birds exists or not. As it stands now, it's cut off at the knees.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
I'm a big Angry Birds player, so I definitely "know" how to play, but this game feels like half a game quite frankly. It feels like it's not finished and there are parts missing.

Just because I play Angry Birds, doesn't mean that I expect every slingshot physics game to play identically. Otherwise it's just ripping off/cloning Angry Birds, and what's the point to that? Your game should stand on its own two feet, as a full game whether Angry Birds exists or not. As it stands now, it's cut off at the knees.
We didn't want to copy/rip off Angry Birds. However, it is similar as it is a Box2D environment. Thanks for your suggestions we will work on improving it in the best way we know how.