Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Took E3FPFYMWK73F, thanks!
Very nice racer, but it feels kinda hard to hold the iPad vertically and control the arrows (I tried all the options).
You can press just about the buttons!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Have you planned retina update for the new iPad? And iCloud integration?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

OK here are my quick impressions of the game. To summarize: I really like it!
The physics are spot on. I'm really enjoying the driving mechanics and it just feels right. The racing itself, after the first few races, gets intense which is a lot of fun.
The graphics while simple are effective.
I love the powerup system which doesn't just effect your car for a few seconds but actually improves your car for the duration of the race.
I have an iCade but playing with the virtual control is just as effective.
I don't mind the IAP at all - for a game that costs $1, there is enough content here to justify another $1 if you wish to be more competitive on the leaderboards. The car pack is not required it seems to win the single player races which is fair (although so far I only won races 1-10, I still have a bit more to do)
The single device multiplayer is fantastic on my iPad.
As a whole, I think I'm enjoying this a tad better than even Reckless Racing 2 HD.

Actually the only feature I would absolutely love to see is online multiplayer, that should be a huge blast to play although for $1 I can understand if it's never done. It would be a shame though, as it promises to be so much fun.

Also, I think Mr Qwak should add two additional achievements: One for unlocking all the tracks and one for placing 1st in all of them, for that warm sense of completion!

All in all, great game, I already got 2 of my friends to buy it. Well done!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
Have you planned retina update for the new iPad? And iCloud integration?
Retina for iPad 3 (are we allowed to call it that?) seems much more likely than iCloud integration (guess that's to keep everything matching up, your progress etc, when playing on multiple devices?).

No definite plans though.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Glad you liked it GiHubb. Great that it's getting word of mouth recommendations too!

I agree about the multiplayer, local or online, would be great. I need to look in to the technicalities of this though. I suspect, online multiplayer, with game centre match up, is more involved than local multiplayer over wifi or bluetooth.

This is just one area I feel could be improved with the game, there are a LOT of other areas too. In fact, there is so much more I want to do, that it probably merits a whole new game (with completely new graphics, by a proper artist!).

Did you check out the local 2 player head-to-head mode?
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Qwak View Post
Did you check out the local 2 player head-to-head mode?
Well, I tried it against myself just to see how it works It looked very playable and a lot of fun head to head on the iPad.

One of the friends who bought the game works part time in my company so we should meet at the office on Tuesday and then I'll have proper impressions!

If only my wife was into gaming...
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just beat all the races at 1st place with the regular red car, so I can confirm that IAP isn't necessary to beat the game which is fair. Really good fun! The final race I managed to overtake the 1st and 2nd car only on the final turn and we were all driving neck to neck, whoo, what a finish! Exciting stuff!

Question: how do you get the lap 7 achievement? The best I've managed with the regular cars is lapping 4 cars on track 3. Hints?

Last edited by GiHubb; 05-10-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
Just beat all the races at 1st place with the regular red car, so I can confirm that IAP isn't necessary to beat the game which is fair. Really good fun! The final race I managed to overtake the 1st and 2nd car only on the final turn and we were all driving neck to neck, whoo, what a finish! Exciting stuff!

Question: how do you get the lap 7 achievement? The best I've managed with the regular cars is lapping 4 cars on track 3. Hints?
Glad you're enjoying the game! I've lapped 6 myself. Not sure which track. I guess lapping 7 is possible, but you'd need a little luck on your side too..
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 PM

L6RW9A9F63KT
YXE7JYJ9AM7W
X7PHMXKXT7A4
R6HJFLMNAKLK
J4MPF4EFXXAW

Please state if you take one, thanks. Enjoy!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 3GS

I took L6RW9A9F63KT
Thank you sir.