★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Unknown is a retro remake inspired by the seminal space trader of the 80s considered to be one of the most influental computer games ever made. We strive to keep the retro feel of the original game, however our version sports several enhancements such as multiplayer, leaderboard with achievements, buying / changing ships plus much more!

- Classic Space Trader gameplay
- Buy and change ships
- Trade goods at different planet system
- Upgrade your ship
- Multiplayer 2-4 players
- Leaderboards and achievements

Help us improve the game by sending feedback!
Visit out forums at:
http://www.gamerealism.se/forum
http://www.facebook.com/UnknownSpaceGame

Thanks to all who have commented / reviewed so far!

Note: Some users have noted that Unknown is unable to save progress with iPad and iOS 8. We are looking into this.

In order to get multiplayer sessions up and running we propose everyone who is interested in playing multiplayer attempt to Join or Host a session on Thursdays at 20:00 CET.

Note: We have seen a number of reviews that refer to Unknown as something else, while we certainly enjoy all the nice reviews we just want to point out that Unknown is nothing other than a remake, it is not any other game. We would also like to see some reviews on how the multiplayer functionality works as we haven't been able to test this other than in a small scale locally.

Note: There presently is no manual (we're working on it), but there are many resources online for similar games. For instance, search for "space trader flight manual"..!

Note: Some have been asking how multiplayer works -- Just go to Multiplayer -> Quick Match (or Custom Match) and try joining a game (if there is any available)!
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey! That's a really nice Elite-like you've made. This will stay for a long time on my phone!

I also think that this game had a gigantic impact on gaming. Having myself put over 200 hours (or much more) into Elite on my C64 and later, Amiga, I always loved it. The real beginning of vector gfx and 3D.

Thanks alot!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-04-2012 at 01:42 PM.
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Love it! Thank you!

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Has this been pulled from the app store?

Are there plans to bring it back?
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah I think they pulled it,which sucks because I had got the game and had filled up the save files so I deleted it and tried to redownload it and then it's no longer there.
09-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Anybody who does an Elite conversion will get smacked down very quickly by Frontier and Braben. Shame, as would an elite on the iPad. You think Braben would do it himself.
09-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Interesting. And available in the Aus store at least, currently.
09-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey are there missions in it like in Elite?