Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockchurch View Post
I'm confused. Are you referencing the post where I suggested you had no possible evidence to back up your erroneous claim on balance, or are you referencing the first post I replied to your statement which exhaustively detailed how wrong you were about the balance?

No, you don't like it, that's your preference, and you're entitled to it. You're not entitled to a free pass when you make demonstrably false claims though.
To be fair rock church the reviews on the AppStore tend to back up his claim. I am sure you love the game, but after all it is just a game. So, there is really no need to get all up in arms over differing opinions. Insulting people over a game is not a way to win an argument.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
To be fair rock church the reviews on the AppStore tend to back up his claim. I am sure you love the game, but after all it is just a game. So, there is really no need to get all up in arms over differing opinions. Insulting people over a game is not a way to win an argument.
You know what they say about opinions...

If you take another look, I haven't offered any insults. I've only detailed explicitly why what he said was absolutely wrong.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Love this game! The art styles and gameplay are awesome!

Just hate it when the enemies 'hacked' my heroic drone and get the best firewall and still get another turn.. >.<
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
You know what they say about opinions...

If you take another look, I haven't offered any insults. I've only detailed explicitly why what he said was absolutely wrong.
I finally got around to stopping by to see Rockchurch's inevitably angry response.

You know, based on your limited number of posts, and the fact that nearly all of them are in this thread, or in the thread of other games that are discussing IAP consumables, I can't help wondering if you are a dev in gamer's clothing...

Anyway, let's give this conversation another bump:

Ubisububi Thinks IAP Consumables = Bad

And now it's your turn to reply with:

Ubisububi's Opinion = Wrong

Last edited by Ubisububi; 10-27-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

awww... I'll do it, Ubisububi's Opinion = Wrong.

Not really... IAP Consumables are horrible. I hate them. With a passion. But when you purchase an IAP in Robotek, it opens up the Recharger node, which lets you recharge your power, in turn, giving you longer games. It's infinite, and you can go to it whenever you want a couple power points... so it gives you consumable points, but also permanently opens up a way to earn more of those points whenever you want... so really, I think the IAP here is great, and a nice way to support Hexage if you feel so inclined.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
awww... I'll do it, Ubisububi's Opinion = Wrong.

Not really... IAP Consumables are horrible. I hate them. With a passion. But when you purchase an IAP in Robotek, it opens up the Recharger node, which lets you recharge your power, in turn, giving you longer games. It's infinite, and you can go to it whenever you want a couple power points... so it gives you consumable points, but also permanently opens up a way to earn more of those points whenever you want... so really, I think the IAP here is great, and a nice way to support Hexage if you feel so inclined.
A very succinct explanation, and delivered completely scorn-free. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Default robotekxl.com

Checkout http://robotekxl.com for additional strategy tips and a trainer program. Multiplayer is where it's at!

Quote:
I definitely agree that this game is not all that varied, yet somehow I'm having the opposite reaction. It's definitely got me hooked. I'm digging on the game theory aspect of it.

I've found that lately, as my strategy has evolved, that I almost never use the 'offensive' reels and just let my bots hack the other team apart while I protect them.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm overlooking something though, because I've only recently really started thinking in detail about the benefit of trying to repair a shield (or even a bot) that you already have up. If you manage to upgrade it, then you get the full HP boost of the new level, but if you only repair it, the repair is relatively minor. Perhaps it's better to sacrifice that extra 5-15HP on your shield and try to stun/lase some enemy bots. If you roll that shield again after it has fallen, you get much more HP out of it...

Anybody else have any Robotek strategy thoughts?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I finally got around to stopping by to see Rockchurch's inevitably angry response.

You know, based on your limited number of posts, and the fact that nearly all of them are in this thread, or in the thread of other games that are discussing IAP consumables, I can't help wondering if you are a dev in gamer's clothing...

Anyway, let's give this conversation another bump:

Ubisububi Thinks IAP Consumables = Bad

And now it's your turn to reply with:

Ubisububi's Opinion = Wrong
IAP consumables are bad. This game doesn't actually have them though. It LOOKS that way at first glance. For the .99 purchase you unlock Duel Mode permanently, get coins which are permanent and get energy. Energy is lost when you lose. Ok, so it looks like a consumable, but you also gain permanent access to a node in the middle of the Atlantic called the Recharger node. If you run low on energy after spending a massive .99 you can go to the Recharger node and whip it's tail to grind out more energy. As much as you want. Forever.

So while I agree that paying for consumables sucks, in this excellent game, for the minimum purchase you get a fully unlocked, permanently cool gameplay experience wi nothing whatever left out. Further, even if .99is too rich for your blood, you can always reset the campaign to your hearts content restoring your starting energy and giving you another run at the easy nodes to do better next time.

This, and the other two Hexage titles I've played is why the App store is cool. And as small as the app is, you won't ever have to delete to make room for the 1 gig monsters everyone else is making.