★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

05-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,324
Finally took the time to finish the last part of The Companions today. Like I said earlier, it's been over 2 months since I last played the game. Level 28 now with 57 hours. Now I'm really done with all the side quests. Daedric quests, miscellaneous quests, dungeons, and never-ending exploration is all that's left. Another 100 hours should be enough, lol. Finally got a companion to follow me. I accidentally killed the woman that the Jarl gives you at the very beginning of the game and never saved the game. Consequently, been soloing everything so far. I'm still amazed by how damn good the countryside looks in the game. Love the soundtrack still too. Destruction is almost at 100!

By the way, what do you guys do with your money? I own every single spell that wizards sell now, but I still have 65k. Anything to buy besides armor and weapons?

Twitter: @back2this
05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Finally took the time to finish the last part of The Companions today. Like I said earlier, it's been over 2 months since I last played the game. Level 28 now with 57 hours. Now I'm really done with all the side quests. Daedric quests, miscellaneous quests, dungeons, and never-ending exploration is all that's left. Another 100 hours should be enough, lol. Finally got a companion to follow me. I accidentally killed the woman that the Jarl gives you at the very beginning of the game and never saved the game. Consequently, been soloing everything so far. I'm still amazed by how damn good the countryside looks in the game. Love the soundtrack still too. Destruction is almost at 100!

By the way, what do you guys do with your money? I own every single spell that wizards sell now, but I still have 65k. Anything to buy besides armor and weapons?
Did you buy the houses? The one on Solitude its quite expensive, the best one is the one on Windhelm, it has tons of space for showing your weapons and armor...

05-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Did you buy the houses? The one on Solitude its quite expensive, the best one is the one on Windhelm, it has tons of space for showing your weapons and armor...
Haven't bothered with houses yet. Guess that's a start!

Twitter: @back2this
05-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Haven't bothered with houses yet. Guess that's a start!
Oh yeah, and above that your gonna get a lot of new followers when becoming thane of each hold. To get the windhelm crib you have to solve a neat little quest that i dont wanna spoil! Believe its worth it, its not the most expensive house but its way way better than the rest.
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
For backtothis and anyone else interested, here are my stats. I don't know how far into the main quest I am, but I really should finish it sometime, lol.

Play time: 213 hours 31 minutes

Level 45

Current amount of gold: 245,596

Locations Discovered: 211

Dungeons Cleared: 68

Horses Owned: 4

Houses Owned: 4 (all are fully upgraded)

Quests Completed: 70

Misc Objectives Completed: 125

Main Quests Completed : 13

Side Quests Completed: 14

The Companions Quests Completed: 2

College of Winterhold Quests Completed: 0

Thieves' Guild Quests Completed: 7

The Dark Brotherhood Quests Completed: 20

Civil War Quests Completed: 9

Daedric Quests Completed: 4

Questlines Completed: 1

People Killed: 1040

Animals Killed: 824

Creatures Killed: 109

Undead Killed: 185

Daedra Killed: 16

Automatons Killed: 41

Favourite Weapon: Skyforge Steel War Axe

Hakuna Matata

Last edited by LBG; 05-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
06-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Romania
Posts: 935
Just got Skyrim today,and it runs superb on ultra settings on my PC


Trading Contra Evolution,TweetBot,Bastion ,Bloons TD5 and Sonic CD for Amazon Gift Cards

06-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,324
Dawnguard.
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,324
Want to start playing again after seeing the trailer for the upcoming DLC: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/05...rn-dlc-trailer

...

Twitter: @back2this
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Want to start playing again after seeing the trailer for the upcoming DLC: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/05...rn-dlc-trailer

...
Looks like a return to Morrowind. I'm super pumped for this DLC
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox_R View Post
Looks like a return to Morrowind. I'm super pumped for this DLC
Close. It's Solstheim, which was the setting in Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion. I did squee a little upon seeing a Silt Strider though, and you can catch a glimpse of distant Blood Mountain in the trailer. I'm curious to see how much of the original geography is retained.