Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 AM

toss-up between

and

although at this point, the former might have edged it out..
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewhy View Post
This is an impossible question to answer
It really is! But with a gun to my head, I'd probably choose Quake 2, in particular capture the flag, as It was my first real 'proper' online experience which I continued to play for 9/10 years, including being involved in leagues and tournaments which were very well organised.

There was actually a sense of community too, as the following was relatively small by todays standards - it was all mIRC IRC & forums
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
It really is! But with a gun to my head, I'd probably choose Quake 2, in particular capture the flag, as It was my first real 'proper' online experience which I continued to play for 9/10 years, including being involved in leagues and tournaments which were very well organised.

There was actually a sense of community too, as the following was relatively small by todays standards - it was all mIRC IRC & forums
You know thinking about games I've played a lot online I'd probably have to add Microsoft's Freelancer to my list, that's a game that really deserved a sequel I have some great memorys from playing online and some of the dogfighting was truely epic.

I really hope one day Galaxy on Fire or something else can capture it's essence.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
You know thinking about games I've played a lot online I'd probably have to add Microsoft's Freelancer to my list, that's a game that really deserved a sequel I have some great memorys from playing online and some of the dogfighting was truely epic.

I really hope one day Galaxy on Fire or something else can capture it's essence.
+1 for Galaxy Of Fire MMO

I actually bought a Dreamcast to play PSO with a mate, perhaps that should be on high on my list also - tho the combat was caca it was pretty fun being in lobbies, seeing the text bubbles appear usually with random abuse or love =]
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

I kind of like MW2 on xbox 360. Has anyone ever heard of Midnight Club? It sounds kinda bad, but it is actually a free world where you drive a car and is made by Rockstar Games.

EDIT: I do not own Battlefield 3, MW3, Gears of War 3, Madden 2012, or basically any new game.

2ND EDIT: I would probably like Grand Theft Auto, but I can't get it. At least I can understand why though.

Last edited by knoids; 05-03-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I'd like to add Pokemon Crystal Version to the list. Not sure how I left that out. The Pokemon games on the GBC (first two generations) defined video games for my age group's childhood. Not sure how many hours I spent beating the Elite 4 and Red over 100 times so I could level up everything to 100. I'd also add Empire Earth to the list, making these games my top 5. I probably spent more time playing that RTS than every other game I've played in the past decade combined. Hundreds of hours. Then, Sierra shut down the multiplayer servers about four years ago.

Not going to bother including any online MMORPGs here since I don't really think they deserve it, but RuneScape and MapleStory were both pretty influential games in my life at one point, lol.

I have a neighbor who (at least he used to) play's MapleStory 3-5 hrs a day. He tried to get me into it, but I found it dumb, lame, and repetitive. I seriously played it for about 5-7min before the game lost it's charm.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI, Knights of the old Republic, the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series... With those games I could be left out on a desert island (with electricity and some comforts I hope) and never get bored...

Edit: Gosh I almost forgot Final Fantasy VIII, loved Squall to death when I was younger and the gunblades were the epitome of cool for me back then...
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 AM
iPad 2

Dwarven Fortress
Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

There's a lesser-known game made by Squaresoft called Einhander for the PSX which was a rare gem of a shooter. 15 years later, I could pop it in and still enjoy it.

(yay first post )
Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The whole Advance Wars series.