Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Skeptical at first myself after already playing the iPhone version to death in 2x on the iPad and loving every minute but took the plunge and yeah, this is definitely a worthwhile double dip.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:32 AM

Default Amazing Breaker HD play video

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 AM

An update is out with 40 new levels. But... I have to download another app to get a code to unlock the levels? Seriously?! Not going to happen. This just rubs me up the wrong way.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Is it retina on the new ipad?

Is this retina on the new ipad? The ratings seem really low because of having to buy another program to get the extra levels which seem like a scam, so I will probably not buy it because I hate when companies like this and EA do stuff to pull games and charge for levels.

So long from the Connector!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 AM

Ya they make you buy a .99 brick breaker game to unlock the level pack (which is quite decent and well made). This isn't so bad really when you think about it...instead of just flat charging you .99 in IAP for the levels, you DO get a full game in addition. This is actually BETTER than other dev's that just go purely IAP. Sure it sucks they too went the way of IAP but really with prices as low as they are on the app store the free lunch is probably ending soon in general.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

What is the game you have to buy to get the level unlock? I'm happy to pay 99 cents for more levels, but would like to know what the game is.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
What is the game you have to buy to get the level unlock? I'm happy to pay 99 cents for more levels, but would like to know what the game is.
If you open Amazing Breaker, then select the "Secret Levels" button, there's an AppStore link to the game you need to buy along with a code you need to enter in the game to get the code for the secret levels (confusing...I know). I forget the name at the moment, but since you need the code anyway, you should just use the link in the game. There are a lot of bad reviews indicating that the process does not work, but I'm guessing that most of them are user error. I haven't tried myself, but I bet it works if you follow the directions.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 AM

I'd far prefer basic IAP. At least then I'm choosing to support a game I'm actually interested in rather than artificially promoting a game that I care nothing for and bumping it in ratings through a fairly underhanded method. It's crafty and I won't support it.

If Amazing Breaker adds normal IAP and the value of the levels is worth it, I'll happily support it but this method is something that just annoys me.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

So, wait - you have to enter a code into the other game to get another code to enter into Amazing Breaker HD? Ok, that is just annoying. I enter enough codes as it is. LOL. I'll probably do it, though.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Ya, it's a weird way to sell new levels, but the end result is still only a buck, plus you get a new game. I already beat the 40 new stages, they were as fun as the original.