Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have the same problem as others. My progress is not being saved when I exit the game. However, I have not had any crashes. I played last night for a few hours straight and finished several of the Conquest skirmishes. When I opened the app today, my progress was gone. I'm asked each time if I want to play the tutorial. I'm on an iPad 2, current iOS, nonjailbroken.

And, I agree with a previous poster, the buttons are way too huge. They could easily be cut in half and still be functional. Also...pinch to zoom. Then you could get rid of the +/- buttons. The layout is definitely not optimal. But, the game is fun, so I hope Slitherine will address some of these comments in future updates.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

We've not been able to find a cause for the crashes but suspect just allocating more memory to the app will solve the problem so are doing that. We were only request 25MB which is pretty low so there is no risk if we grab double that and it should solve all the issues. We're working on the UI to change it so there are 6 buy buttons, one for each category. Then if you tap an icon it will pop up the detailed options. E.g. For infantry it will give you the level 1 -3 infantry options. Then to buy you drag to the map. This gets rid of the hold and wait UI that everyone seems to hate. It also means you have one of each type of unit/building on screen at any time. The end turn and next region buttons will move to the left. The zoom buttons will move next to the mini map. The help and recolour region options will go in to settings. The guys are working on this over the weekend and hoping to get it tested internally next week and if all goes well submit a new build some time next week.

Save is planned but will take longer to get done so we want to get the crash fix in to Apple as soon as we can and save will happen after that. The guys are also investigating whats involved in adding multiplayer. This requires save be implemented first though and requires a fair bit of UI and server work so is a bigger job. Pinch zoom was looked at but is a much larger task and will have to wait till later.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I had a crash in this situation:

Also here you have my suggestion to improve the UI.

Hope it helps.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

A game like that without saving? This is really a bad joke ...
And I had also somes crashes ...

Sorry, but for a company like that it is a shame!

I would pay for a smooth running version 5,- Euro, no problem ... but right now it is not worth the money ...

Was there no Beta Testing?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Nothing like crashes to ruin a game debut. Most unfortunate, but at least the devs are addressing it. I'll just wait for the fix to come before I play anymore. I like the gameplay but not these issues.

PC game developers should come to realize that what works with keyboard and mouse is sometimes not so great for touch interface. Also, being able to quick save or having auto save upon going to home is a key must-have feature for ipad/iphone or any mobile or portable platform.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 05-05-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Game is fun, too soon to review, but lack of ability to listen to my library is a problem. Games need to stop preventing itunes music from playing.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hi guys,

The Lordz Games Studio here:

Thanks for all the splendid feedback!

With Illustrious we are looking hard at the rare CTD crash problem some of you are experiencing and we think and hope we found the issue.

Further reading all your feedback, we will be doing some UI changes.

For the future we plan to add a save game system as it was much requested and we have a look into the PBEM system we use now with BA, as there seem to be a MP functionality desire.

First patch is scheduled first thing coming week and we hope to add the more requested features as Save Game option and Multiplayer asap.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

Last edited by Lord Zimoa; 05-06-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

yup, I am also experiencing problems with saving. Every single time I start the game up, it says 'this appears to be your first game' then asks if I want to play through the tutorial.

I'm also experiencing quite a bit of crashing on my iPad 2. =o/

hope these issues get sorted out.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 AM

Cool, I believe multiplayer is a must for these types of games.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:49 AM
iPhone 6 Plus

I just finished my first game and I enjoyed it. Yes, it borrows heavily from Slay but I much prefer the random map generator to pre-designed maps, which are often used to prop up a less capable AI and kill any chance of replayability. Unfortunately, my least favorite feature from Slay also makes an appearance here in the form of unrest. It is much improved, however, in that they are more likely to pop up if you don't manage your empire correctly rather than simply going after whoever seems to be winning.

The interface could use some tweaks as previously suggested and the crash/save issues need to be corrected, but it's a solid title and I'm enjoying it.