Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 PM
ljapp ljapp is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCsoft View Post
Happy weekend everybody!

So we've got everybody who replied and PM-ed up till this point covered. We're feeling very generous over here in Seoul, so check back with us constantly if you'd like a code.

But we don't really think cluttering this thread with promo code requests would be fair, so send us a private message for such requests.

In the meantime, how are you guys liking the game?

I know that a lot of you have been having some questions regarding the Bowler Hat Brawling level. Keep on looking it's definitely in there, we've hidden a doll for every level .
I like My Little Hero style, icon...
I think it's a great game.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM
tops2 tops2 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,900
Default

Just want to say thanks for the code. I wanted to give the game some more time before posting my impressions.

Overall, the game is pretty fun. To me, it feels a little like a Zelda but focused on fights and no puzzles from what I have seen. Each stage seems to be broken into 2-3 maps. I liked how each level isnt too large, so players can't really get lost. Players basically flip a few switches here and there and proceed into the new areas. The game starts off a bit too slowly to me. Slowly though, more enemies are introduced and players need to learn the attack patterns. The combination of enemies combined with no leveling up (like in Zelda) forces the player to improve his/her skill. The 2 boss fights are decently fun, and players need to figure out the attack pattern/weakness. After beating the boss, players can increase the number of hearts they have. Also, seems like there's 4 sets of levels; each set of levels seems to introduce one new tool. I think theres a missed opportunity of not having puzzles utilizing the tools.

That said, there's a few negative to me. I'm not a fan of the "music". It feels more like a little jungle-ish sample that keeps looping..its probably just not my taste. The game starts out slow..so some players may feel bored at the beginning. Like I mentioned..there feels to me a lost opportunity of having no puzzles like in Zelda games (sorry for keep mentioning Zelda..but it's in the back of my mind when playing this game). One major annoyance is since the game is 3d, I have a hard time judging the distance of my attack when enemies is directly above the player.

All in all, the game is still pretty fun..just a bit slow and missing that little something to me. It's definitely not a bad game to me and I can see a lot of care went into the game. Anyways..thanks again!

Last edited by tops2; 05-06-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:25 AM
tops2 tops2 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,900
Default

Sorry for the double post. I finished the game this afternoon. The assessment I had earlier still stands. The game is entertaining..but still missing that something. Partly, the game actually felt a few stages too long. While the maps aren't large, the way to unlock doors and all the associated backtracking gets tiring since they feel pretty similar. Probably 1/4-1/3 of the stages can be cut out. Otherwise, the game is still decently fun.

Don't know if this is a bug, but for the desert boss fight there doesn't seem to be the health recharge dispenser. And despite the "casual" look to me, the boss fights were tough the first few times around. Its made worse that even if you purchase the health fill up, then die...you respawn with half life and the currency used up (this really penalizes players who's skill isn't great). I'd prefer just entering the boss fights with full life..or if health was purchased, respawn with full life but with that initial coins used up once. I was able to beat it with some patience and just learning the boss attack patterns..but was frustrating at first.

Anyways..like I mentioned before..thanks again for the promo code. Hopefully I don't sound too harsh...
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 AM
NCsoft NCsoft is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Sorry for the double post. I finished the game this afternoon. The assessment I had earlier still stands. The game is entertaining..but still missing that something. Partly, the game actually felt a few stages too long. While the maps aren't large, the way to unlock doors and all the associated backtracking gets tiring since they feel pretty similar. Probably 1/4-1/3 of the stages can be cut out. Otherwise, the game is still decently fun.

Don't know if this is a bug, but for the desert boss fight there doesn't seem to be the health recharge dispenser. And despite the "casual" look to me, the boss fights were tough the first few times around. Its made worse that even if you purchase the health fill up, then die...you respawn with half life and the currency used up (this really penalizes players who's skill isn't great). I'd prefer just entering the boss fights with full life..or if health was purchased, respawn with full life but with that initial coins used up once. I was able to beat it with some patience and just learning the boss attack patterns..but was frustrating at first.

Anyways..like I mentioned before..thanks again for the promo code. Hopefully I don't sound too harsh...
We appreciate all of your opinions and I'm very glad that you've taken your time to finish My Little Hero. Thank you for your support and critism..We will def put down your comments for the next update - hope it will get even better next time!!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Agas Agas is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,348
Default Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!






MY LITTLE HERO
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
02/05/2012



Do you like to solve puzzles, find treasures, and confront enemies of your childhood dreams?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

poll close on 05-10-2012 at 05:44 PM
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM
awp69 awp69 is offline
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Default

I've only played the first world but so far agree a bit with tops2 in the backtracking and (at least the first) boss fight. Because of the respawning with 1/2 of your health if you die during a boss fight and no loss of health is kept on the boss, it's very difficult to get past and you're better off just restarting the whole level again and hope that you get to the boss with full health. And this is just for me, if kids play this thinking it's casual (which for the most part it is), I'd imagine it'll be even rougher for them.

I also found a bug. After dying a few times on the first boss, I quit and decided to play again later. Went through the level and there's a sort of "arena" battle just before the boss where you're trapped between two gates. The first few times I got through this with no issues. After killing the baddies in the area, the second gate opened.

The last time I went through, the second gate would not open even after I killed all the monsters. Ran around the small area and hacked away at all the grass and everything....still didn't open. Might be something to look at.

Overall, it's a pretty fun little game. Thanks for the code to try it out!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 AM
NCsoft NCsoft is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post





MY LITTLE HERO
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
02/05/2012



Do you like to solve puzzles, find treasures, and confront enemies of your childhood dreams?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

poll close on 05-10-2012 at 05:44 PM
This is awesome! Thank you for the nomination Touch Arcade!
Hopefully everybody has been enjoying My Little Hero- Please vote for us
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:43 AM
rain3k rain3k is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Excellent
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:02 AM
ayanaml ayanaml is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default My little hero Waited for this game to come out

Also does not diasppoint the expectations ncsoft
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Collin Collin is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCsoft View Post
...But we don't really think cluttering this thread with promo code requests would be fair, so send us a private message for such requests.
And I certainly would have, however when I click on your name, "Send a Private Message" isn't one of the four options. Going to your profile doesn't allow for it either. So, if you have any codes left, I would appreciate one. If you're out, you might want to let everyone know.

I'm among the "I would rather play this on my iPad" group and will be looking forward to the iPad release whether I get a code or not.

One thing I've noticed skimming through the forum though is that you never answered the question of whether the iPad version will be a standalone app, or if it will go Universal. Unless I just missed it, or unless no answer is an answer.

So. Standalone, or Universal?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent