Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM

I requested a refund but never heard anything back.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

My understanding is they don't reply usually. 'All sales are final' after all. I recieved a refund for iShoot 2 back in the day. The first and last time I requested a refund. It was refunded, although I never got notification.

Hope this returns soon. Looking forward to purchase.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 PM

If you feel youve been screwed the just dont support the devs anymore. I know I wont buy any future dlcs from them on principle. There are too many good games out there and I dont buy the "we tested this a lot but somehow it failed" argument. I know now why did they pull a sneak release. It is what it is, a quick cash-in and a waste of consumer faith: I wish I bought Avernum instead for the same price.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
…I know now why did they pull a sneak release. It is what it is, a quick cash-in and a waste of consumer faith…
I doubt that the botched release was anything malicious. Once the AI bug was found, he pulled the app to prevent further disgruntled users. The real issue seems to be in releasing an ambitious game like GSB with little to experience with iOS or dealing with App Store policies. I fully understand anybody wanting a refund, but I'm withholding judgement until the next patch is released (it was submitted to Apple 3 days ago).
Everything else aside, I'm tired of the casual games dominating iOS. I want more games with depth and complexity. Unfortunatly this complexity often comes with more bugs initially. I'm willing to cut a dev some slack while they learn.
BTW - Avernum is very good…
Old 05-06-2012, 02:19 AM

You are right of course, it's no big deal anyway.

I am also tired of crappy games on the platform, that's why I'm so sour when I see something like this. They shouldn't release a big port with so many bugs, it's bad for the platform overall: It will always be the bastard system to pull crappy ports of PC games (at best). There are positive examples fortunately: Cave, Playdek and others would never release a joke like this.

Anyway, I don't care anymore, lesson learned. Do not buy day one stuff from a newcomer on iOS, even with a good PC pedigree. I won't buy the upcoming dlcs either. I'm done with this game, moving on to something else.

Last edited by Fimb; 05-06-2012 at 02:21 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by err404 View Post
I doubt that the botched release was anything malicious. Once the AI bug was found, he pulled the app to prevent further disgruntled users. The real issue seems to be in releasing an ambitious game like GSB with little to experience with iOS or dealing with App Store policies. I fully understand anybody wanting a refund, but I'm withholding judgement until the next patch is released (it was submitted to Apple 3 days ago).
Everything else aside, I'm tired of the casual games dominating iOS. I want more games with depth and complexity. Unfortunatly this complexity often comes with more bugs initially. I'm willing to cut a dev some slack while they learn.
BTW - Avernum is very good…
Exactly how I feel, including the Avernum note
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Personally, I'm happier that the dev has pulled it due to bugs. Shows he's the exact opposite of a cut and run style. Bugs were more severe than initially , and it was pulled rather than sell something completely broken to other customers.

Seriously though. Do want.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad

they can take all the time in the world if they bug fix and make HD/retina. no refund necessary. take all summer for all i care. if they stabilize this sucker amd offer the hi-rez assets and sound that this GTB ios shouldve had at launch, not only do i not care about waiting, but i would pay MORE! increase that file size and throw HD on the title, and i will double dip.

at this point, i dont even care anymore about Galactic conquest mode. if it comes as iap,awesome.

Last edited by sakinnuso; 05-06-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakinnuso View Post
they can take all the time in the world if they bug fix and make HD/retina. no refund necessary. take all summer for all i care. if they stabilize this sucker amd offer the hi-rez assets and sound that this GTB ios shouldve had at launch, not only do i not care about waiting, but i would pay MORE! increase that file size and throw HD on the title, and i will double dip.

at this point, i dont even care anymore about Galactic conquest mode. if it comes as iap,awesome.
I agree!

Too many people getting upset over accidents...
The first release came out just as the new iPad did so they didn't have one to test it with.
Bugs happen.
As soon as they learned about the bugs they rushed a fix out to try to quiet all the whiners which unfortunately led to more bugs.

I think they did the right thing by pulling it until its fixed.

I'm disappointed that I can't play the game now but I can wait til they get things worked out and I WILL continue supporting this dev
Old 05-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
As soon as they learned about the bugs they rushed a fix out to try to quiet all the whiners which unfortunately led to more bugs.

... and I WILL continue supporting this dev
For Christ's sake, dont be silly, it wasnt about the new iPad and whining. It was about releasing a game which crashes on EVERY device, on iPad 1-2-3, basically at every button you push. Then they released a patch which made things even worse for weeks. Come on, go ahead and support the devs. I hope it was an accident, but I won't SUPPORT this kind of behaviour. It would be plain stupid.

Last edited by Fimb; 05-06-2012 at 03:06 PM..