★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Avengers

04-30-2012, 08:58 PM
great year for summer movies!
05-05-2012, 11:06 AM
It was quite good, I thought—and the potential for this concept to become the most laughable garbage was huge! Not an easy bullet to dodge, I would think. Joss Whedon has a way of making me appreciate things that otherwise bore me SO badly, from vampire-slaying to comic book movies.

It probably helped that I had already seen the Thor and Captain America films—which were just “OK.” Those two characters have maximum potential to just seem incredibly silly, but with some back story I accepted them. Especially Captain America’s ridiculous outfit, like something from a musical stage show in the 40s! Well, that was explained in his earlier movie—it WAS something from a musical stage show in the 40s. And the character himself didn’t like that. Clever way to make the super-cheesy seem slightly less cheesy.

If I saw the Avengers cold without seeing any prequels, it could have seemed a bit cheesier... but no less fun. Even the action scenes (in other words, most of the movie!) were great, and I have little patience for the soulless action they churn out these days.

I even knew to stay to the very end and see both little added credits scenes.

M⚙rgan Adams — Game Center: “Adams Immersive”
My first iOS game: Scree — treasure landslide (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
My first iOS app: DotSpace — spatial grid checklist (Forum thread)

05-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Has anyone seen this is DBOX seats? Is it worth it?

Is there an after-credits scene?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
05-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post

I saw one movie with DBOX seats (the latest Pirates of the Caribbean) and they just felt really distracting. The theater near me puts them in this weird corner in a big glass box and the whole thing just took me out of the movie. I wouldn't recommend them.

Also, this a Marvel movie, there are always videos after the credits. This time, however, there are 2.

memory cards
05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post

Two, one 30 seconds after the movie, then one after the full 4 minutes of credits. I missed the 2nd one, had to see it online.
05-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I stayed for both last week but the second wasnt in yet. I hadnt even heard of it but just knowing the marvel films and Joss I thought there might be a second. I was sort of right.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
05-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Just got done watching it for the 2nd time. Going to see again in a few days.

The Dark Knight Rises has some competition.

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
05-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Two, one 30 seconds after the movie, then one after the full 4 minutes of credits. I missed the 2nd one, had to see it online.
what 2 scenes? The after credits scene is the one with Thanos right? Or is there something else?

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
05-06-2012, 06:44 AM
They have dragged the story though i love Robert Downey jr
05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
what 2 scenes? The after credits scene is the one with Thanos right? Or is there something else?
There's a second video where they're all eating "Shawarma".

memory cards