Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Bonk-A-Donk - (by rejected games)

Hey there, I actively searched for a partner on this project in late february 2012.
Well on march 7th I got contacted by Lukas who seemed interest in the entire premise/idea of the game and so after long email discussions we started the development of the project.

We set up a development blog about the game's progress over here:
http://acumen-design.de/games/

We wanted to show the development process as indepth as possible and talk about pretty much any aspect we encounter on our journey for others to learn from, laugh about or simply enjoy following the process of creation

Latest Screenshot:

Latest Development Build:

Betatesting - yum yum ?:
Our philosophy is to get this game out ot as many people as possible and therefore gather as much information and feedback as possible from you guys. So if you would like to get in contact with us about possible betatesting this game, drop us a line over at:
fabian@engaginggames.com

As soon as we have the game mechanics working, we would like to get an initial round of feedback and take the development from there. So this is really a chance for anyone interested in our game to be involved in making it the most entertaining and polished as we can

Gameplay:
"Pucking" was inspired by an old french game called "Passe Trappe". It basically is a variant of air hockey in it’s core. It's a 2 player game (1 Human vs 1 Human on the same device / 1 Human vs AI) where each player has 5 pucks that need to be pushed into the other half of the playing field. When all 5 pucks are in the other half of the field, the game is over. Variants of this gamemode can be created with adding 1-2 extra items, like special pucks, obstacles, changing the amount of tunnels on a playing field.

Features:
- 3 Game modes
- 1 Player vs. AI
- 2 Player – Local multiplayer
- 4 different playfield skins
- Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards

We would love to answer any question that you guys may have, how we did/do/plan things, what errors we made, hurdles we faced. Pretty much anything. We're trying to be as transparent as possible
Our dev cycle is set for 4 months, which seems quite reasonable for a project of that small scale.
Every other kind of feedback is appreciated as well, obviously !

Last edited by Acumen; 05-14-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 8.x

looks fun!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

thanks Betelgeuze
I can't wait for the rubberband mechanics to be implemented finally. Seems this will take 1-2 weeks - turns out even the simplest game has its hurdles that one has to overcome. So glad Lukas knows his stuff *g*

Meanwhile some shots of the build on my ipad2 in my living room (IKEA for the win)

Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Sooo, the noble wood sparkled some ideas about how to “brand” the game. Technically this is all mockup stage. We shall see how this one turns out on the device. This is all off to Lukas for his first round of judgement and we'll work from there !
It's a step in the right direction after all
Feel free to guide us along the way *g*

Old 05-13-2012, 05:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

And we settled on this menu style for now. Looks a lot more cohesive and less style-mixed, if you ask me
Oh and we really went with the game's name: Bonk-A-Donk

Old 05-14-2012, 04:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Impressive work so far; I can see why Lukas signed on, and it looks like you're making good progress. Liking the menu, too.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey AnarKitty, thanks for the encouraging words
Really helps to stay motivated on this project. Hoping to share more work soon. Should be video form than since still images can only show so much !
Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

It looks interesting~~
Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

thank you fionachan
Lukas said "tooo much blue on blue on blue on the menu", so I made everything red instead

I think he likes me
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Lukas stood by his word and sent a new build of bonkadonk !
We’re at Version 0.2 now !
Most exciting news was the addition of the rubberband. It’s the key game element, adding some twist and having this working exactly as I imagined it, was like being citizen of Chocolateverse !

And here we have a mockup of the leaderboards:

Also here's another set of variations for the main menu. We were noticed to make the quickplay button more visible. These are all just food for thought, so we don't know how these will translate to the device, yet