Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Lil' Kingdom - (by Glu Games Inc.) [NOT AN ADD ME THREAD]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

ADD ME THREAD:

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-06-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 07:11 AM

This is actually the reverse of Tiny Tower through and through (building underground floor by floor instead of above ground) - stay away and stick with the original.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

You lost me at "Glu."
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 AM

This is a really cute little game. It's got gorgeous graphics, and there's plenty to do. IAP aren't necessary to advance, as long as you have a little bit of patience. Similarities to Tiny Tower/Dream Heights but it has its own little individualities and quirks.

Yes it may be an upside down Tiny Tower but I really like it and am enjoying it.

cheers, Dlstar
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'll admit the whole "copied almost entirely from the basic framework of Tiny Tower" definitely put me off at first, but it's both incredibly cute and quite a bit more graphically impressive than Tiny Tower.

And while the 8-bit charm of TT isn't lost on me, I'm really digging the pretty sweet "3D" effects and what changes they brought to the model.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I love the graphics here, so cute! My style~ I might pick it up for the my weekend game~
Old 05-25-2012, 06:33 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Had this on my non-jb iPod 4th gen for awhile but had to delete it due to very long load times, graphical glitches and worst of all, constant crashes.

I actually recommended this game to friends back at the start since we were all tiny tower addicts, but it is unplayable at this point and I have tried several times after each update. Which is a shame because of it worked flawlessly, then I still believe it does bring new things to this genre (while also straight copying many aspects of TT)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

It is rather graphically demanding. On an iPhone 4 it can get rather sluggish once you have more than 20 floors, but it still flies on the 4s (I have 83 floors now).
Old 05-30-2012, 08:09 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm actually playing it on Android, but what the hell, I'll take the chance to be a bit of a heretic - blatant ripoff though it be, I like this better than the original. It looks better, it plays better and it's more generous with handing out IAP currency (in a Glu game! I think one of the developers must have a brain tumour, or something).

I feel for Nimblebit getting plagiarised left, right and centre but I'm sorry, I never liked Tiny Tower that much - the pixel art was competent enough but it was visually dull. Nothing ever happened. Every floor was a parade of slack-jawed goldfish people shuffling left to right through a shoebox with some vaguely pretty wallpaper. And no, putting a joke in about how no-one ever uses the chairs doesn't excuse it.

Lil' Kingdom is about as unoriginal as it gets, but it's bright, lively, visually beautifully designed, stuffed full of detail and just a pleasure to fiddle around with. And it actually hands out IAP coins and bonus visitors at a fairly steady rate. I hate myself for enjoying something from one of the most shameless, mercenary development houses going - the people who gave us the $500 DLC gun, for God's sake - but I'm sorry, so far this is pretty much what I wanted the original game to be. There's still a ton of room for improvement (no-one does much of anything with the backgrounds other than sleep in the beds, say) but I'm actually enjoying myself for once. And if it all goes horribly wrong, hey, at least I didn't spend any money on it.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM

I am at floor 91 and there are no more floors it takes your coins like there is but you can not build anything I hope they give us an update.