Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Congrats on the good review from TA. And don't know how I missed this one! Had one quick go with the arcade mode and fun stuff. Took a few tries to get the warp/teleport..but good stuff. Love the art..and the little bit of music that I heard.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Congrats on the good review from TA. And don't know how I missed this one! Had one quick go with the arcade mode and fun stuff. Took a few tries to get the warp/teleport..but good stuff. Love the art..and the little bit of music that I heard.
Welcome to the Cult of the Omegapixel, tops! I also wanted to give props for the well-deserved TA coverage.

On another note, I'm at Level 33 in Story Mode and having a hard time getting past the heavily-armored triangle enemy that switches colors from red to blue. Any tips or advice would be appreciated to the nth. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks guys! I am certain your feedback and love helped us get the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
Welcome to the Cult of the Omegapixel, tops! I also wanted to give props for the well-deserved TA coverage.

On another note, I'm at Level 33 in Story Mode and having a hard time getting past the heavily-armored triangle enemy that switches colors from red to blue. Any tips or advice would be appreciated to the nth. Thanks in advance.
Level 33 Spoilers: •••Spoiler:  That level is more or less a survival game. After you make it through all the waves of enemies, a power up will appear that will destroy everything on screen including that boss. One thing to note is that when he is blue, he will run away from the OP. When he is red, he will run away from you. You can use that to steer him around and try to keep him at bay. If you still have trouble, try maxing out your defensive upgrades: Dead Man's Switch, Armored Plating, & Disruption Field. They help a lot against that enemy.

Behind the scenes info: That enemy was the final boss in an early build. As the game grew, he ended up in level 33. More enemies and level ideas ended up putting another boss at the end. When testing the balance and difficulty of the levels, I made sure it was possible to beat every level up through that boss without the use of upgrades. (Not that I would recommend doing that! I played for an absurd number of hours while making the game.)

PS Congrats on topping the leaderboards Guise! That is quite the score!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up that I setup a poll for voting on what new upgrade(s) get added to the next Omegapixel update: http://blog.tacograveyard.com/new-om...-upgrades-more Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacograveyardllc View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up that I setup a poll for voting on what new upgrade(s) get added to the next Omegapixel update: http://blog.tacograveyard.com/new-om...-upgrades-more Thanks!
Thanks for the Level 33 advice. And again, for this gnarly game.

I'll vote in the upgrade poll presently.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:06 PM
iPad mini

I downloaded this days ago and finally got a chance to get into it this weekend. What an original and well made retro arcade game I'm having a ton of fun. My only little complaint is that the ship is starting to look a bit messy with all the upgrades installed. I wish they were a bit more coordinated with each other. It's a very minor thing obviously but draws away from the great pixel art IMO.