Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Thats the better way to experience this series, it feels great to use the same character on the three games, makes you care about your virtual dude... Never dig the muliplayer on this, just tried it once and then downloades infiltrator and datapad for a bett way to get my war readiness up.
Yeah, seems that way man.

-----

Just tried the online multiplayer in Mortal Kombat 9. Now that was some good fun. Even though I got whooped terribly in more than half of the 13 games I played, I had a good time. Tried playing some single-player earlier and found it really boring. Can't stand playing fighters alone. Only made it through the campaign since there was a "story" of sorts.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 AM

Anyone tried awesomenauts?? Its really good. Between that and trials I'll be happy for ages and they only cost like €20 between them.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Finally tried out the online multiplayer in ME3. Not what I was expecting at all, lol. I must have been misinformed. I thought there'd be the usual deathmatch gameplay. Instead, it's just survival co-op/mini-missions with up to 3 other players like the one in RAGE. Pretty lame. Not the kind of online mp that attracts a big player base. Think I'll stick to single-player and run through ME + ME2 instead when I get the chance.
That's exactly what I thought! Started about a week ago, and I thought it was supposed to be like deathmatch too. I still don't even know what it's about anyway, I think it's supposed to be like zombies or survival...
Old 05-06-2012, 04:21 PM

Eh, I was thinking of picking up an Xbox 360 pretty soon, but I'm not quite sure which to choose. We are kinda on a tighter budget at the moment, and there are so many choices. Refurbished, new, Kinect, I am so confused! Any help picking and choosing an Xbox on a budget would be much appreciated!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdino View Post
Eh, I was thinking of picking up an Xbox 360 pretty soon, but I'm not quite sure which to choose. We are kinda on a tighter budget at the moment, and there are so many choices. Refurbished, new, Kinect, I am so confused! Any help picking and choosing an Xbox on a budget would be much appreciated!!
This is probably your best bet. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-w...75723908404218

a game of choice, 12 month gold, and a 4 gb console for 200 bucks. Probably the best deal right now. you could also pick up this if 4 gbs isn't enough: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/acc...rd-drive/97831

A 320 GB hard drive that comes with a code for lego star wars III.

So all togather you get around $140 bucks of free stuff if you do all the above. I would suggest picking up a controller or two since it only comes with 1
Old 05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
I can't speak for the the reliability of a refurbished model, but if you haven't got younger kids/siblings or are a kid yourself, or like kids games/fruit ninja a whole lot, I wouldn't recommend getting a Kinect right away. If you are buying it with family-friendliness in mind, you can always get one later.
You will need a decent sized hard drive, whatever you may initially think. Installing games to your hard drive isn't necessary most of the time, but it does improve the experience with some games, reducing loading times etc; and then there is DLC.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Dang, this deal at GameStop just recently ended. I actually got my 360 as a gift this past Christmas from my gf. She got me the holiday bundle, which contained a new 250 GB XBOX 360 (latest S model, controller, headset, cables, etc), 3 months of LIVE, a $60 GameStop card (more than it costs to buy a new second controller), Fable III, and Halo Reach, which are both 2009 classics. Total? A mere $250.

Now, the same bundle is going for $300 and you don't get the $60 card.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
This is probably your best bet. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-360-w...75723908404218

a game of choice, 12 month gold, and a 4 gb console for 200 bucks. Probably the best deal right now. you could also pick up this if 4 gbs isn't enough: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/acc...rd-drive/97831

A 320 GB hard drive that comes with a code for lego star wars III.

So all togather you get around $140 bucks of free stuff if you do all the above. I would suggest picking up a controller or two since it only comes with 1
Oh wow, thanks!

@backtothis - Aww, but thanks anyways.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Oh wow, thanks!

@backtothis - Aww, but thanks anyways.
Yeah, that deal from Walmart should be great. If you're using your 360 for just gaming, you really don't need much memory at all. I installed most of my games to the drive so load times would be faster (etc), but saves and that kind of thing take up virtually nothing. Grab one of those older games, since the newer ones are definitely overpriced. MW3 is already $40 at GS for a new copy. Arkham City has been $30 new at GS before. If you don't mind used games, there are a ton of great deals at GS for them all the time. I check their website weekly for the latest deals on new games.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Dang, this deal at GameStop just recently ended. I actually got my 360 as a gift this past Christmas from my gf. She got me the holiday bundle, which contained a new 250 GB XBOX 360 (latest S model, controller, headset, cables, etc), 3 months of LIVE, a $60 GameStop card (more than it costs to buy a new second controller), Fable III, and Halo Reach, which are both 2009 classics. Total? A mere $250.

Now, the same bundle is going for $300 and you don't get the $60 card.
If you're talking about the games, then they're 2010 classics. :3