Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I don't know what is pulling me off this and gridrunner. Well I kind of do and that's why I'm wondering the popularity of it... This looks boring, of course hectic, but so simple that I doubt I'll enjoy it. And gridrunners well, never bought a minter game and I've been meaning to change that, but somehow they seem too bizzare for me... Man I really wanna see why everyone likes it. Does this have a lite, or gridrunner?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I don't know what is pulling me off this and gridrunner. Well I kind of do and that's why I'm wondering the popularity of it... This looks boring, of course hectic, but so simple that I doubt I'll enjoy it. And gridrunners well, never bought a minter game and I've been meaning to change that, but somehow they seem too bizzare for me... Man I really wanna see why everyone likes it. Does this have a lite, or gridrunner?
No lite version. They are both great. If you want to start with Minter, I'd recommend Gridrunner as your starting point. It is the least weird of his games, only 99 cents and probably his best as well, at least so far.

I say buy both.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:39 AM

This is clearly not a game for everyone, is a niche game for people who played a lot on old consoles.

I am still playing on Game Boy (I have a small collection of consoles and games) and i find this game to be perfect for my soul.
Actually it is a game for the soul, not for the eye or the mind. Every element the game provides (music, graphic, game play, controls) is nothing without the imagination of the gamer.

Thank you Tim Rogers.

Last edited by Broodstar; 03-02-2012 at 06:46 AM..
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I'm really loving this game. Also, gotta love this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwlTAJxOmx0
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Haha! Love it! Great promo!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

That ad makes me laugh all the time. Supported it moment I saw it :P
Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

i stopped playing for a while because...well, because ios has so many awesome games constantly coming out that you just have to move on at some point. but i came back to it recently, and right away, got my all time high score. it felt great, and i still think about the game from time to time. while it might not be for everyone, it's hard to deny the great design choices throughout the entire experience.

i'd be curious to see lifetime sales figures for this one, especially since it seems to have a bit of staying power...but it was so polarizing among the gaming community.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'm coming across a weird bug all the time. Sometimes the controls seem to get stuck and I'm unable to aim the gun and the gun keeps charging by itself. It's very frustrating when I'm on a good run and it causes me to die.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephiros View Post
I'm coming across a weird bug all the time. Sometimes the controls seem to get stuck and I'm unable to aim the gun and the gun keeps charging by itself. It's very frustrating when I'm on a good run and it causes me to die.
do you play with both tumbs? beacues if you tuch the screen with both tumbs at the same time it get stuck like that. only way to stop it is buy realisng you tumb and tapp any where on the screen. it will shot of that ball it has been charging up, and you are free to continue hope that helped

btw, any word on this developers new game? whant to see some more from action button :P when you guys released ZiGGURAT you wher super active xD here on TA, on FB, on youtube, but now nothing? :O i belived you said something about tying to release like 4-5 games this year?

soorry for my bad english btw haha :P
Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert white View Post
it looks terrible in the screenshots
No, actually it doesn't look bad at all. It has its style, which is quite consistent.

I said what I said because its relatively shallow gameplay compared to the hype. It has its audience, no problem at all. The devs made this while learning the platform, so I'd take it as an iterative first try. They'll make better games later, presumably, and I'm eagerly waiting.