Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRealmStudios View Post
I have a big update to the game I plan to have done by the end of the month, it will include a tutorial amongst other improvements.
It seems like Greenland is the new Madagascar for me, but it sounds like that is being fixed in the next update. For what it is worth, a few thoughts/suggestions:

If you're taking some time to create a "News" section, I think it would be really cool if it were more like a timeline. So it would show the date, and then the news that occurred on that date. If you plan on putting all news items in there, it would be cool to have a toggle to see just the important "yellow" news items.

One feature I miss from the second Flash game is that the icons on the map would dim when the country turned them off. So, if Madagascar shut off it's port, it's icon would go dim. I'd love to have that back. It seems like it was easier to tell when a country was wiped out in the flash version as well.

I've had trouble getting the deceiver and corruptor traits. Haven't figured out corruptor, and no matter how little lethality I design a virus with - I've made one with absolutely none - it always seems to end up killing at least a few people.

It seems like Rodent or Bird hosts should get a stats upgrade. Of all the "Support" stats, only the transmission methods at the bottom don't have a 2 star option. Since bird and rodent are both one star, it could be an opportunity to bump one of them up to the 2 star level.

Speaking of support stats, it seems like there isn't a lot of value in the Heat/Cold past level 2? Based on the temp shown on the virus creation screen, it doesn't seem like any of the countries are routinely above or below the temps covered by level 2.

When completely zoomed out it feels like the scrolling is a big slow/hard. It might be different on an iPad - I'm playing on an iPhone 3GS.

I just ran the battery out on my phone again, so I'll have to wait before I can experiment and comment further . I'm absolutely loving the game though - even better than the previous title, which I greatly enjoyed as well.

Last edited by Agent86; 05-06-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM

great game but a few things, airborne, water borne, and animal hosts seem pointless to me do they increase chance of infection via boat and plane? if not i find that once a countrys infected its a good as dead anyway, theres no need for this stuff, same goes for moisture capacity :/ also on iphone 4 theres not reina display even though the screen shots appear to be retina interested to know what plans you have for this in the near future? possibly make games last longer and have weather conditions etc really change you approach to infecting the world and give the game a higher degree of strategy, thanks though its a great game im hooked, last time i checked i was 5th in the world
edit: scrolling is also to slow im not sure how tricky this would be to fix but i cant imagine it would be to hard and it would be great if you could one last thing is the fact that countrys used to go dim when there where 'shut' if this could be re implements then that would be great
also: new colour scheme option would be nice green healthy, yellow infected, red forsaken and grey shut and healthy? also scrolling could be faster its too slow atm. one final thing is the fact that animal hosts, air borne waterborne and moisture caparity seem useless? one a country is infected i find thatthere pretty much scewed anyway? do these help anything other than rate of infection within a country?

Last edited by hamster787; 05-06-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Alright...a couple of noob questions.

1. What is the 1 - 4 - 10 icons at the top left of the screen do? I know 10 speeds everything up, but what does it accomplish for the gameplay?

2. The needle at the bottom is the quickness of the vaccine being made?

3. How do the strands generate? Every couple of seconds or is there a certain method/process?

I saw the developer is thinking about a tutorial...that would definitely be welcome. I like the game, but I feel like I am missing something big. It is unbelievably satisfying when you start taking out billions of people and those numbers start reeling out of control. Good stuff...and can't wait for the update!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Hey Barry,

1: those are the game speeds. 1 is the normal speed; 4 increases the game speed to 4 times and 10 increases the game speed to 10 times. Gameplay wise, these do nothing, they're simply there to give players control over how long the game takes to progress.

2: the bottom bar represents how far along the vaccine research is. There are 4 stages of research (first 4 left) and 1 stage of deployment. The research can be slowed down and even avoided, but once it entered the deployment stage little can be done from it being deployed.

3: EvoPoints are generated as people are infected. And the number of infected needed to gain an EvoPoint increases as you receive EvoPoints.

Yeah, a small update will be coming out as soon as Apple approves it that fixes a few things, but I'll be working on a fairly big update for the end of the month that will bring saved games, tutorials and other improvements.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster787 View Post
... airborne, water borne, and animal hosts seem pointless to me do they increase chance of infection via boat and plane?
This jogged my memory on another possible tweak. Take a country like Central America - no airport, no shipyard, no way in other than border crossing. If for whatever reason they shut down the borders, they become completely impervious.

This just feels a little crazy to me. I've literally had instances where a country is completely surrounded by 100% infection rates combined with insect, rodent, bird, waterborne and airborne transmission methods. Should this not have some kind of effect on neighboring nations? No mosquito, bird, or rat is going to cross the border?

Then again, I respect that it could also be a game balance thing. But it just feels funny .
Old 05-07-2012, 02:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

has anyone unlocked the corrupter achievement yet? i cant seem to figue it out
Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWd View Post
has anyone unlocked the corrupter achievement yet? i cant seem to figue it out
I can't figure this out as well, but I suppose I don't really mind the grind to getting it. I have a feeling this game is going to stay on my iPhone for a long time
Old 05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRealmStudios View Post
I had thought that with the instructions, and the self-explanatory nature of parts of the game, that a tutorial was unneeded.

I have a big update to the game I plan to have done by the end of the month, it will include a tutorial amongst other improvements.
Please, landscape mode? I understand it might be too much work, but I LOATHE holding my iPad in portrait for anything, especially when I CAN see this working in landscape.

Outside of that, the instructions are cut off sometimes, and it actually took me a few games (I'm a little simple) to actually figure out things about the game. Had I not been more persistent and in need of destroying the planet, I may not have continued to play. For the casual player, I think it needs a but more explanation to help out.

Outside of that, I love it. Tons. Thank you for bringing this to our iDevices. Although I never played the flash version, I adore this now.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

What does the button on the top right do? The sun/people icons?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
What does the button on the top right do? The sun/people icons?
Toggles between population view (default) and temperature view where the darker the color is, the colder the region is.