Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I really enjoyed playing through all the missions and definitely recommend it, but I don't find it that compelling as an Endless game. Hopefully the new mission are coming soon.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I really enjoyed playing through all the missions and definitely recommend it, but I don't find it that compelling as an Endless game. Hopefully the new mission are coming soon.
This is actually one of the endless non-runner games that I like a lot. SCB and Muffin Knight were ok, but I was done with it after I unlocked and upgraded everything. This, I kept playing.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This is actually one of the endless non-runner games that I like a lot. SCB and Muffin Knight were ok, but I was done with it after I unlocked and upgraded everything. This, I kept playing.
I feel like SCB makes it clear what your score was and whether you beat your high score, and that keeps you trying. To me this game, in Endless, feels like I play and it ends and I have no idea how well I've done. It's just over. The only place where the game seems compelling is in the progression of the missions - and that is compelling and fun for as long as it lasts, which is a while. IMHO, of course.

Last edited by crunc; 05-07-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Since the dev is reading through the thread, I would like offer these criticisms:

-Collision needs work. I often get hung up on parts of the environment.
-Controls are unresponsive at times.
-I get it -- you like challenging games -- so do I. Put in about 300 hours with Demon's Souls; 85 hours with Dark Souls. But some of these missions are annoying. A balance tweak is in order.

Those issues aside, I really love this game a lot. When things get going, the chaos is intoxicating. The technical issues and absurd difficulty, though, make it unnecessarily frustrating. The A.I. so obviously spawns right next to books, and when paired with the control and collision problems, my Tourette's Syndrome acts up uncontrollably.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

you basically hit the ballpark with these issues glad to see someone has the same gripes as me but in the end if these are fixed up it is going to be a perfect game.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I feel like the challenge of the missions was just about right, though probably they could be improved in being more consistent in their difficulty progression. The Get X Cards ones aren't quite as difficult as they first seem though - the trick is to use a different approach and kill as little as possible so you don't progress through waves too fast.

I agree that the controls are occasionally problematic and I do get hung up on ledges (and then seem to jump up and off of it in slow motion moon bounce mode).
Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The controls are just fine. I don't know why / how someone has any "issues" with it (on the iPad )

This is s really great game. I love the art style and also the music. The gameplay is pure fun for me and I am impressed sometimes what's going simultaneously on the screen. The biggest compliment to the dev I am able to give: I am enjoying to grind for all the cool stuff!! Kudos that you don't have any IAPs!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
The biggest compliment to the dev I am able to give: I am enjoying to grind for all the cool stuff!! Kudos that you don't have any IAPs!
This!!!
The fact that you use no kind of IAP makes the grind for new abilities even more enjoyable.Make a free version with just a few stages/missions to get people hooked to buy the full version. 99 cents is an absolute steal. I would´ve paid more for it.
Please please stay away from IAP which gives you ingame currency.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:10 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I'm surprised if you never run into the getting hung up on a ledge problem. I see that on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and it isn't uncommon at all. I get stuck and I tap jump, jump, jump and then finally I float slowly up into the air and then down. It's pretty weird.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I feel like SCB makes it clear what your score was and whether you beat your high score, and that keeps you trying. To me this game, in Endless, feels like I play and it ends and I have no idea how well I've done. It's just over.
2nded. Still a very fun game, though.