Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default i need some portable/ console games

I recently purchased an new ipod touch but i need recommendations for games. I'm looking for games like dead space or chaos rings 2. Games that compete with the the ds and psp
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Real racing 2 and Shadowgun are good, and so is the upcoming Nova 3 this thursday. Also Worms 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Dungeon Defenders, Kof-i 2012 and the Cave shmups IMHO deserve a mention.

Last edited by Edmilan; 05-08-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Final Fantasy Tactics is definitely up there. Battle for Wesnoth also.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM

Modern Combat 2/3, N.O.V.A. 2, GTA, Aralon, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Asphalt 6, Galaxy on Fire, Sky Gamblers... well there's a lot of good stuff out there.

(Some people would recommend you Infinity Blade 2, but I particularly don't like it.)
Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Bard's Tale - it's a direct port of a PS2 game.

Then there's the recent release of Max Payne Mobile, same thing - a port.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Galaxy on Fire 2, GTA 3, Side Meier's Pirates. You can't go wrong with any of those.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I find GTA Chinatown wars to be the most console quality game that I know of on iOS. I know it's not a fully 3-D game like GTA 3 or the Gangstar series, but it has SO much content, extremely varied missions, and ridulously large replay value. This is because not only is it an open world sandbox game, but of all the sandbox games on the app store it has the largest map, and the most amount of things to do in free-roam. I didn't really like it at first, but once you get into it you'll be amazed at the sheer amount of detail and content. But as far as graphics and being close to the real thing, Dead Space is also console quality. It gets pretty repetitive though, and I'd call it "frightening" rather than "scary", but at least there's a survival mode in case you get bored of the campaign.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
I find GTA Chinatown wars to be the most console quality game that I know of on iOS. I know it's not a fully 3-D game like GTA 3 or the Gangstar series, but it has SO much content, extremely varied missions, and ridulously large replay value. This is because not only is it an open world sandbox game, but of all the sandbox games on the app store it has the largest map, and the most amount of things to do in free-roam. I didn't really like it at first, but once you get into it you'll be amazed at the sheer amount of detail and content. But as far as graphics and being close to the real thing, Dead Space is also console quality. It gets pretty repetitive though, and I'd call it "frightening" rather than "scary", but at least there's a survival mode in case you get bored of the campaign.
Oops sry didn't see you had already mentioned Dead Space...in that case Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy is awesome, and as others have mentioned look into Galaxy on Fire 2 an MC3. Or wait till N.O.V.A. 3 comes out.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:23 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
IMO, I can't disagree more. The game is not bad but the nature of it is just a compromise of ds hardware. And I would say it's far from 3-D GTA series. You can run faster than car in that game which is pretty stupid and the touch screen make the game even worse. Anyway I won't name every single reason why this game is not great.
I would say Gangstar rio is best GTA genre game in app store.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarence View Post
IMO, I can't disagree more. The game is not bad but the nature of it is just a compromise of ds hardware. And I would say it's far from 3-D GTA series. You can run faster than car in that game which is pretty stupid and the touch screen make the game even worse. Anyway I won't name every single reason why this game is not great.
I would say Gangstar rio is best GTA genre game in app store.
I strongly disagree. Gta3 has FAR more depth than that copycat knockoff. Rio has repetitive missions, CRAP voice acting, and dumb police AI. Gta3 far surpasses rio in every department. It's map is far bigger and more intricate, and it's even highly moddable (using iexplorer and img editor - see the TA forum on that).