Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Out Zone By Alioth CO.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Another classic Toaplan arcade game hits iOS; I hope this trend continues. Very interested in feedback or impressions from anyone who takes the dive and grabs this one. I see that the Reloaded version is available for iOS, but not in the US store.

Last edited by AnarKitty; 05-10-2012 at 01:14 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Good find. I'm nervous if this is good or not, this is the companies first app, theres no youtube video for it.

The version a few weeks ago ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=127850 ) was shocking, even a waste of money for 99c. Cant find it on the app store now so i wonder if they had to delete this due to this version ? Just nervous its a similar game and theyre basically rebadging it and flogging it off again.

Hope this isnt much of the same, price is dear so i'm not taking a risk on this one. I hope it plays well as the arcade original is a classic

Went to their website, clicked on iOS apps and it took me to the Google app market. Emailed them to ask about this game and just had a bounce email come back. Those things make me nervous about buying this app !

Last edited by psj3809; 05-10-2012 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 03:49 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good find. I'm nervous if this is good or not, this is the companies first app, theres no youtube video for it.

The version a few weeks ago ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=127850 ) was shocking, even a waste of money for 99c. Cant find it on the app store now so i wonder if they had to delete this due to this version ? Just nervous its a similar game and theyre basically rebadging it and flogging it off again.

Hope this isnt much of the same, price is dear so i'm not taking a risk on this one. I hope it plays well as the arcade original is a classic

Went to their website, clicked on iOS apps and it took me to the Google app market. Emailed them to ask about this game and just had a bounce email come back. Those things make me nervous about buying this app !
Good point and thanks psj3809! We should wait until there some kind of confirmation on this company and app. With Apple failing at releasing fake apps, we better wait. Thanks for the investigative research.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:53 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Reminds me of when i found a few Contra and Metal Slug 'clones', i took the plunge and got one (99c each) but they were terrible, but there were quite a few different name variations on the app store

If this was 99c i would take the plunge but 2.99 for no doubt a dodgy app with no support/contact details, nah ! Shame as i really want this game ! Tried it on iMame and this rom doesnt work. Its a great shoot em up, IF this game played well i'll be happy to buy it even at that price. But yeah hang on i would.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not too far from where NOVA3 is in the price department. That's what's holding me back. Im interested to hear some impressions though. This might still be worth the price.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

When you click on iOS it takes you to the Android market (??) so i took a look at their reviews there. On Android theres also a lite version, the reviews seem 'okay' but you dont know whether to take those seriously or not.

There was an email address for Android support so i've now emailed that one. If they were a decent company they wouldnt have a bounce back email address on their website in their main news story. Sad thing is i really want this game so i'm hoping despite all these issues it'll be good. I'll let you know if i hear anything.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Just tried the lite version on Android, and it's completely legit. I'm feeling much better about this now.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Just tried the lite version on Android, and it's completely legit. I'm feeling much better about this now.
Okay took the plunge.

Hmmm. It 'could' be really good but the controls are dire, theres a crappy joystick type thing in the bottom middle of the screen (which 'surprisingly' they dont show you in any of the screenshots). This is terrible to use if you want to try diagonals, you can use your finger anywhere else on the screen (like a crappy relative touch) but its still not ideal. Its alright apart from diagonals but thats not great.

The speed of the game is great, seems fine , nothing like that crappy Outzone Reloaded rubbish.

If they sorted out the controls it'll be a decent game. For $4.99 its totally overpriced though, despite being a huge fan of Out Zone i'm not exactly over the moon with this version. Again if the controls were alright then it could be decent. I would avoid at this price

Last edited by psj3809; 05-10-2012 at 07:19 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Okay took the plunge.

Hmmm. It 'could' be really good but the controls are dire, theres a crappy joystick type thing in the bottom middle of the screen (which 'surprisingly' they dont show you in any of the screenshots). This is terrible to use if you want to try diagonals, you can use your finger anywhere else on the screen (like a crappy relative touch) but its still not ideal. Its alright apart from diagonals but thats not great.

The speed of the game is great, seems fine , nothing like that crappy Outzone Reloaded rubbish.

If they sorted out the controls it'll be a decent game. For $4.99 its totally overpriced though, despite being a huge fan of Out Zone i'm not exactly over the moon with this version. Again if the controls were alright then it could be decent. I would avoid at this price
I have the exact same comments about the Android version:
- Annoying joystick in the lower-center that is frustrating to differentiate between walking forward or just aiming forward. If they split it into dual joysticks, this game would be amazing.
- Visuals look and run great, even on my older device.