Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

what is the current app size when on the device? cuz i remember deleting the game after the previous update since it made the game about 500mbs bigger (was about 1.5GB in total)
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
what is the current app size when on the device? …
1.7 GB on iPad orig. and iPad 3rd gen. and 1.0 GB on iPhone 4. The only iOS game that I never deleted (I have it on ALL my iOS devices AND Mac since it came out).

Last edited by Habakuk; 05-11-2012 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: changed , to . on numbers
Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM

I like this game enough that I wont update to this version! It has gotten too big to fit in my iPad 2s free space. If I update it, Ill be forced to delete it before long.

Id love some magical compression to be devised to give retina textures without the penalty in storage space. Oh well

I NEED a 128GB iPad! Some day...
Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
1,7 GB on iPad orig. and iPad 3rd gen. and 1,0 GB on iPhone 4. The only iOS game that I never deleted (I have it on ALL my iOS devices AND Mac since it came out).
oh nice, its back to the sane size. thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Finally. Thanks, Gameloft! Four weeks without Asphalt 6 on iPad 3 was a pain. Downloading…
I suppose you didn't had it on your iPad 3 due to performance issues, right?
Because the update before the latest one already added Retina support for the new iPad. Just checking!

It wasn't that terrible but I do agree it lost it's fluid feel a bit. Haven't tried the latest update so glad to hear the performance has improved noticably.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
I suppose you didn't had it on your iPad 3 due to performance issues, right?
I had it on my iPad 3 (read my lips: I'll NEVER will delete Asphalt 6 [until Asphalt 7 comes out naturally]) but I didn't play it for seven weeks (yes, seven weeks—not four). Because when you were used to the perfect framerate on iPad 2 before the FIRST iPad 3 retina update then it was a pity. Still playable, yes, but not so good as usual.

The first retina update was BEFORE the iPad 3 came out so Gameloft couldn't had have a device for testing. Now after the second update it's okay again.

It's not 100% 60fps on iPad 3 still but 90-95%. I am pretty sure that the recent update runs with 100% 60fps on iPad 2 (but I can't test because I sold my iPad 2 two weeks ago). Almost the same story as with N.O.V.A. 3 by the same dev. (which seems to run better on iPad 2).

BTW: Tested the recent update with iPad 1. It's all okay like before. There are some more and new items on the streets (like the forklift in Nassau/Bahamas). Tested Bluetooth multiplayer (iPad 1 + 3): All okay rock solid as usual. A blast like before! Asphalt still alive! Tested TV out (via Apple TV 2nd gen. 720p): The same like RR2 (we are using it only for AUDIO out on multiplayer) on TV: NEVER 60fps and no retina.

Very good to know that Gameloft cares about it's old games. For some friends and me personally Asphalt 6 is the best computer game of all times (and I own 6,000+ iOS games), I described that here a bit (under the list).

Wishlist: Asphalt 7 or ONE new track please.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Having a strange issue since the last update...I can't wreak, my car won't wreak and I can't knock out any other cars no matter what I do. Anyone else having this issue? Running on iPhone 4s with the latest iOS update. I've tried doing all the usual things like clearing the memory and doing a hard reset but nothing seems to help. I really don't want to reinstall and lose all my progress...any thoughts? Thanks
Old 06-02-2012, 04:38 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbertson View Post
Having a strange issue since the last update...I can't wreak, my car won't wreak and I can't knock out any other cars no matter what I do. Anyone else having this issue? Running on iPhone 4s with the latest iOS update. I've tried doing all the usual things like clearing the memory and doing a hard reset but nothing seems to help. I really don't want to reinstall and lose all my progress...any thoughts? Thanks
I just recently installed this game... yeah... I can't wreck any car...

I've read that you have 1GB of file size, but from my download, it is only 590mb of size...

Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Just give me Asphalt 7 already Gameloft....
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolokoy32 View Post
I just recently installed this game... yeah... I can't wreck any car...
??? The gameplay is like before the last update. I can wreck others and wreck my own car. iPad 1 and iPad 3.