Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Early impressions are that this is a great puzzler with a decent level of challenge.

As others point out, the game highlights where your pipe can be placed on the board, and whilst this reduces the difficulty, I think many would be put off without it, especially as this is a one player game.

I am struggling to get more than 1 star at the moment, but enjoying the challenge and would fully recommend to any puzzle or RK fans out there.

5🌟
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
RK does it again!
<snip>.... (the value of this penalty varies and I'm not sure if that value is based on the piece being placed or perhaps how many connectors it is blocking by its placement). The game is pretty tough, at least if you want to score more than 1 star, but oh so rewarding when you kick a level's butt! </snip>

5/5
It is a variable penalty based on how many 'stoppers' you are forced to have to place before the end of the level:-

First 2 are -75 points each
Next 2 are -50 points each
Any further ones are -25 points each

And yes it is a very tough challenge to get 3 starts on the later (or any!) levels!

Sorry the codes ran out so fast... we don't have any more to give out until the next version I'm afraid!!

And thanks everyone else for your comments. We'd really appreciate some reviews in the app store!

Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix24 View Post
Early impressions are that this is a great puzzler with a decent level of challenge.

As others point out, the game highlights where your pipe can be placed on the board, and whilst this reduces the difficulty, I think many would be put off without it, especially as this is a one player game.

I am struggling to get more than 1 star at the moment, but enjoying the challenge and would fully recommend to any puzzle or RK fans out there.

5🌟
You know you can tap that pipe to rotate it before you place it. The highlighting is to show where it now fits, but maybe we can remove that on harder levels. We will discuss it.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaMark View Post
You know you can tap that pipe to rotate it before you place it. The highlighting is to show where it now fits, but maybe we can remove that on harder levels. We will discuss it.
Just an option to turn off the highlighting would suit me. Sometimes I like an easier game, sometimes I like a harder one. Being able to turn off the highlighting and make my own mistakes, just like playing this with physical cards or tiles in the real world, could be fun sometimes. I think an option to have it either way would meet everyone's needs. If you want it on, it'll be on, and if you want it off, you'd be able to try that too.

Last edited by dclose; 05-10-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Kinda like the highlighting - just cuz it says it fits in a certain spot does not mean it is the most STRATEGIC placement.

So keeping the highlight would be great - especially as I progress along!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Ouch! On the harder levels is where it would come in handy the MOST! Perhaps having the option to turn it off in options for some 10% boost to score if you play a full level without it (no turning it off just on the final turn to collect that 10% bonus)?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This was an easy purchase to make at the current sale price and I am really enjoying it. I am finding it quite challenging, but I have yet to come up with a strategy other then making matches and trying not to block any high value exits early on.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

One basic aspect that I was slow to catch is that you evidently can't build off of a blocked tile. Sure, you can place tiles next to them or go around them, but a blocked tile is considered a dead tile, so when placing one make sure you'll still have other pathways you can reach any of the yet filled tiles next to them.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I say keep the highlighting too (or make it optional). Like New England Gamer says, it just shows legal moves, it doesn't show you which are the best.

This game is well worth the (pre-sale) price - there are 50 levels in total, and it takes quite a few tries to get all three stars on each one. A nice take on pipe games.