Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-09-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVulcano View Post
Hello,

I was playing this game, but im like stucked... im in a mine, in front of a lake, and the girl says something about going above using a "crane handle"... The problem is that i dont know how to use it... i click it, and nothing happens.. i was very entertained playing it, until that.

If anybody can help me, i would appreciate it.

Bye.
You have to take the stairs to the bottom of the mine. There you will find the crane handle; head back up and place the handle on the crane, then climb down a bit on the stairs so you can ready the hook attached to the crane -- you will automatically head down to a previously innaccessible area (and a boss fight).

Hope that helps...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVulcano View Post
Hello,

I was playing this game, but im like stucked... im in a mine, in front of a lake, and the girl says something about going above using a "crane handle"... The problem is that i dont know how to use it... i click it, and nothing happens.. i was very entertained playing it, until that.

If anybody can help me, i would appreciate it.

Bye.

The crane is outside the cave
Old 05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Any comparison?

I'm a huge fan of Crimson Gem Saga, but unfortunately that game hasn't been updated since 2010 and no longer runs smoothly on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.

So, I've been looking for a great replacement game, and have tried quite a few (like Ash, Heroes Lore III, and Adventure Bar Story, just to name a few).

Would any of you say that this is a good replacement? I know the battle system is totally different (CGS is turn based where as DOF is action), but DOF seems to also have a great story and 32-bit like graphics like CGS.

The story doesn't seem to be as interesting as CGS and the writing seems no where near as humorous as CGS, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and if you like one over the other.

Thanks RPG'ers!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You have to take the stairs to the bottom of the mine. There you will find the crane handle; head back up and place the handle on the crane, then climb down a bit on the stairs so you can ready the hook attached to the crane -- you will automatically head down to a previously innaccessible area (and a boss fight).

Hope that helps...
Thank you!!..
You really helped me.. ive finally made it to the boss!.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

"Thanks God, You're the greatest!"

That part tickles me! =)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
I'm a huge fan of Crimson Gem Saga, but unfortunately that game hasn't been updated since 2010 and no longer runs smoothly on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.

So, I've been looking for a great replacement game, and have tried quite a few (like Ash, Heroes Lore III, and Adventure Bar Story, just to name a few).

Would any of you say that this is a good replacement? I know the battle system is totally different (CGS is turn based where as DOF is action), but DOF seems to also have a great story and 32-bit like graphics like CGS.

The story doesn't seem to be as interesting as CGS and the writing seems no where near as humorous as CGS, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and if you like one over the other.

Thanks RPG'ers!
This is a tough question to answer because the two games are so different. In one sense, if you are looking for an RPG with some narrative depth, with story-driven quests, a variety of characters with their own back stories, and a world that has some coherence to it, you will probably enjoy Dragon Odyssey Fran. CGS, however, has definitely the better story, the larger and richer world, and overall much more depth to the role playing aspect of the game.

That said, I'm actually really enjoying this. The combat is more like that of a shooter than a typical RPG. The world changes as you make your way through the game: what starts as a house you build in the forest turns into a bustling town, with NPCs, stores, etc. You can plant a garden and see it grow -- you can then use the vegetables in a simple but satisfying crafting system. And the story is just, well, odd, in a way that I'm finding interesting.

Whether you enjoy Dragon Odyssey Fran depends on your tolerance for goofiness, and whether you can get into a combat system that is very simple by RPG standards (but somewhat deep for a shooter). There's actually a lot to the game, especially for an iOS RPG (this was originally a PC game), as you make progress the narrative gets more involved.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Thanks for the insight!

Thanks so much for the insight! I really enjoy story and character development more than the hack'n'slash of KRPG's, so it sounds like I would enjoy this one. And I love visiting towns and such, so the fact that town development happens is a nice bonus. I'll definitely get it now, and let everyone know what I think after I've gotten a bit into it.

That being said, man, I hope a deal can be made to get CGS updated... My phone feels so empty without it.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycan98 View Post
I see universal but is there any chance of iCloud support?
I didn't see a reply to this. Anyone? The iCloud support in "The Bard's Tale" was awesome for switching between devices. Does this have it enabled? Thanks.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psac42 View Post
I didn't see a reply to this. Anyone? The iCloud support in "The Bard's Tale" was awesome for switching between devices. Does this have it enabled? Thanks.
I don't think so.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

There is an update available,unfortunately the description is in japanese only.
Anyone here who could enlighten us who do not speak japanese what's new?