★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Planes - (by NimbleBit) (Universal)

05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
#21
Like others have alluded to in this thread, I'm looking forward to this mainly because NimbleBit is one of the few devs on the App Store that knows how to make a freemium game that's actually feels like a game. Most other "games" in the genre just feel like "push this button every hour to spend gold to generate more gold every hour" rehashed a thousand times over.
05-10-2012, 06:39 AM
#22
I am really really looking forward to this, now wheres Kairosoft's rival of this.

05-10-2012, 03:12 PM
#23
I hope their is some integration between Tiny Towers and Pocket Planes!
05-12-2012, 04:45 AM
#24
Joined: May 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 354
To all the people complaining about pixelated graphics, I do not understand you, I think pixelated games are great, I love the vibrant look and retro feel.
I personally only like most 2d games to have a pixel feel compared to the weird sprites like in zingya games.
Note: I do not like pixel games for nostalgia, but for the reasons above.
I also hope this has a link to tiny tower as they are very similar looking in terms of look.
05-12-2012, 04:56 AM
#25
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF1sh View Post
To all the people complaining about pixelated graphics, I do not understand you, I think pixelated games are great, I love the vibrant look and retro feel.
I personally only like most 2d games to have a pixel feel compared to the weird sprites like in zingya games.
Note: I do not like pixel games for nostalgia, but for the reasons above.
I also hope this has a link to tiny tower as they are very similar looking in terms of look.
Pocket frogs have awesome 2d graphics. Pixelated graphics are too 1980s.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
05-12-2012, 05:05 AM
#26
Joined: May 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Pocket frogs have awesome 2d graphics. Pixelated graphics are too 1980s.
I didn't say that all graphics that aren't pixelated suck, just that I like pixel graphics on most games that work with the games gameplay.
05-12-2012, 05:36 AM
#27
I can already see myself spending much time with that Game after I have finished Diablo 3.
05-12-2012, 09:23 AM
#28
I didn't really get too much into Tiny Tower... but I can totally see myself getting wrapped up in this for hours upon hours. Can't wait for its release.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
#29
Looks really fun. I was addicted to tiny tower so I like everything these guys make. As for the pixel graphics, it has become a fad, but the nimblebit art is so well done and quirky. IMO
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I can already see myself spending much time with that Game after I have finished Diablo 3.
Finished Diablo 3? There is no finishing of Diablo 3....