Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
still having trouble getting past the contaminator in chapter 3 river of fire
What mode? Normal? Hard? Hell? Are you trying to not use Boosts? Have you checked out the video at www.Bullettimeguide.com?

DBC
Old 05-11-2012, 06:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
We should all coordinate a time this weekend when we can play a multiplayer match...
Mos def!

Did you get my texts?

DBC
Old 05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinzu View Post
I decided doing it the hard way (on my own), because I have only once got to team up with somebody on the multiplayer, who seemed to care about score. I noticed some names here that are high-ranked on the scoreboard as well so my question for you is: Did you run solo for the high scores or were you assisted?
I am not sure if I qualify the "high-rank" requirement (I would rather be humble), but as far as I know, most high scores on the leaderboard are the results of solo runs.

It is in fact harder to obtain a high score when you have a real multiplayer because that means more than one target for the mutants. So it is more difficult to guide the mutants around and you would end up getting more hits. It requires a lot of coordination and cooperation skills for a 2-3 players party to get a high score together, and it is hard to find players who aim for a high score when you have a random multiplayer session.

That said, I did team up with some good players and got some really nice scores. I met MagicPness in a random game when he was the #3 player and he reminded me of the score element of this multiplayer game. We did have some nice games later on with rookieracks together and their scores you now see on the leaderboard are the results of team efforts.

I enjoy playing with other people more than solo runs since there are interactions between the players.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Well hey guys. As I was starting to get really interested in Bullet Time game, I started to search more info about it, so ... here I am

I just wish to say, for all the not-so-experienced players that might stumble upon this thread, that please, if you play Bullet Time, under any circumstances don't quit playing before you buy Nine-Inch (or at least one of the top tier weapons)

I have been playing for quite a while now and the best I was packing was Apocalypse with 3 slow add-ons.. That got me as far as a high score of 2.5 mil in the leaderboards and I couldn't make past wave 18 on my own in multiplayer.

But today I hit level 40, bought Nine-Inch and completed all the 20 waves with a score of a little above 14 mil, landing 17th on the scoreboards. And I've got to tell you, it feels great

P.S. I decided doing it the hard way (on my own), because I have only once got to team up with somebody on the multiplayer, who seemed to care about score. I noticed some names here that are high-ranked on the scoreboard as well so my question for you is: Did you run solo for the high scores or were you assisted?
First, welcome!

Second, totally agree on the Nine-Inch. I was intimidated by it at first (the precision of it and the skill needed to wield it effectively), but it's simply indispensable for Co-op MP.

Third, again, totally agree on Random Co-op MP, I and others have commented on it in this thread and elsewhere. It's tough to find random players interested in the Multiplier. If you're interested, I play for score (as well as crystal slog-fests) and would welcome a GC invite.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you will find a clearing house of score players at www.Bullettimeguide.com. Check it out!

Finally, I'm not as high as you, but I got my high with a partner, mostly because I don't have the patience or desire to play MP alone...

DBC
Old 05-12-2012, 02:03 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Two View Post
It is in fact harder to obtain a high score when you have a real multiplayer because that means more than one target for the mutants. So it is more difficult to guide the mutants around and you would end up getting more hits. It requires a lot of coordination and cooperation skills for a 2-3 players party to get a high score together, and it is hard to find players who aim for a high score when you have a random multiplayer session.

I enjoy playing with other people more than solo runs since there are interactions between the players.
Yeah, getting high score with a party of 3 is probably only possible when you invite people you know. I think I need to find people who play on similar times with me for trying high score with team, because doing it solo AGAIN ... well let's just say that I feel sorry for the hidious amount of time it takes
And in the meantime I'll just have to play with guys who storm into the middle of enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
First, welcome!

Second, totally agree on the Nine-Inch. I was intimidated by it at first (the precision of it and the skill needed to wield it effectively), but it's simply indispensable for Co-op MP.

Third, again, totally agree on Random Co-op MP, I and others have commented on it in this thread and elsewhere. It's tough to find random players interested in the Multiplier. If you're interested, I play for score (as well as crystal slog-fests) and would welcome a GC invite.

DBC
The funny thing was that this was the first game ever with the Nine-Inch (actually the first game ever with a crossbow I bought it because I had seen the devastation other players caused with it). In the first waves I was aiming like a little girl and kept missing and saving my a** with speed boosts... But it really made a huge impact on how fast the powerful foes began to fall

And if I didn't type your username wrong, I added you to GC
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yeah, getting high score with a party of 3 is probably only possible when you invite people you know. I think I need to find people who play on similar times with me for trying high score with team, because doing it solo AGAIN ... well let's just say that I feel sorry for the hidious amount of time it takes
And in the meantime I'll just have to play with guys who storm into the middle of enemies

The funny thing was that this was the first game ever with the Nine-Inch (actually the first game ever with a crossbow I bought it because I had seen the devastation other players caused with it). In the first waves I was aiming like a little girl and kept missing and saving my a** with speed boosts... But it really made a huge impact on how fast the powerful foes began to fall

And if I didn't type your username wrong, I added you to GC
Just got your invite and accepted! I've got to run some errands, but I'll look for you in a little while?

Oh yeah, no worries about having me "storm into the middle of enemies," or for that matter, running around with 10% health...

DBC
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
What mode? Normal? Hard? Hell? Are you trying to not use Boosts? Have you checked out the video at www.Bullettimeguide.com?

DBC
hard mode, no i havn't been using any boosts & thanks for the information
Old 05-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
hi Trinzu,
Most top scores have been made solo ... which doesn't mean that trying to progress with a team shouldn't be attempted.
If you're interested by a clean team survival effort, invite me - a prior contact with "Messages" (my account is on hotmail.com, you'll guess the username easily) is advisable.

Kind regards,

Aro
Kind regards
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arohirohi View Post
If you're interested by a clean team survival effort, invite me - a prior contact with "Messages" (my account is on hotmail.com, you'll guess the username easily) is advisable.
Does that include others interested in making clean runs?

I would love to run with others interested in putting together focused three-person teams...

DBC
Old 05-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Does that include others interested in making clean runs?

I would love to run with others interested in putting together focused three-person teams...

DBC
heartily welcome

Aro