Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Default R/C Mini Racers released. FREE DOWNLOAD

RC Mini Racers has been released, ready to rock the streets, eh, your backyard! The game is all about mini R/C cars equipped with missiles, mines and turbos. 5 simultaneous cars on the track, 32 Race Tracks in an US suburbia housing settlement, 22 cars, GameCenter support, various controller configs (incl. Fling, accelerometer and virtual Cursor keys), lots of explosions, epic ramps and awesome hard rock music. Oh, there is also a car pimp shop where you can customize your mini cars to your needs.

The game is available for iPhone 4S and iPad 2+. FREE DOWNLOAD

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/rc-mini-racers/id499835556?mt=8

Enjoy! :-)
Martin / Decane.net

Old 05-12-2012, 02:17 PM
iPad Air

Looks good added to the list! (It is a demo tho, not free).
Old 05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

My impressions from the other thread:

So it looks like a great game wrapped in an IAP nightmare. I'm disappointed.

You can earn money in the game, then convert that money into game coins, which can be used to buy new cars. Or to paint your car. Or to buy new tracks. Wait, I have to pay to paint my car?

I'm lost as to how the money system works in this game. There is a store in the main menu where you can buy coins at a rate of 320/$.99. You can, of course, spend much more.

There is another store where you can buy your cars and tracks. There is only one unlocked car, every other car needs to be purchased (and purchased only as far as I can tell) one at a time for a buck each.

Then there is yet another "store" where you can convert dollars to coins, and vice versa. I don't know why you need to convert coins and, quite frankly, I don't give a $#!%. I don't want to figure it out.

This looks like a really good game, but I will not play it any longer because I am so frustrated in trying to figure out all these different stores, and bla bla bla. It will take forever to earn enough cash through grinding.

The game itself is pretty good. Suggestions:
- steering sensitivity adjustment is needed. The cars are way too unresponsive by default. Maybe a non accelerometer option?
- cars seem kind of slow. Maybe they get quicker and faster later on.
- rethink your IAP setup. I went from excited to delete when I saw that mess.

I think the developer is giving away too little gameplay before expecting people to start paying. The first few tracks are very short and slow, and the AI cars just slam you if you're anywhere near them. I'd need to see more of the game before I started buying stuff. However, if it were a 5 dollar one-time fee, I might go for it and take the chance.

I would pay good money to buy this entire game as a one time purchase. But you want me to pay $1 for every individual car? The IAP ruins it for me, sorry. Just my opinion.