Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Games that rely heavily on IAP always suffer in the reviews, which equates to poor sales.

I hope you're right.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Ditto... Deleting now.
Too bad😞 It's a really well done game. Fun for awhile, but the inevitable wall where it becomes too difficult to proceed without IAP. Of course, it's not a one time purchase either. You have to keep buying and spending "megacredits."
Old 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

[QUOTE=visionwebs;2262423]

It is super easy to get mega credits without any IAP too. Just look for the flying saucers and hit them with artillery. Simples!

Flying saucers? I'm in the 9th system and have yet to see one. Do they not show up until later?
Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

The suacers only give up one credit though. Nobody is arguing that you can't play this game without em, just that it's all a bit in your face. The alloy is perfect, I can buy some if I wish to boost progress if I'm short on time. However, mege credits being consumable is always going to be controversial.

Many players would love a game like this to be taken seriously too, like an iOS Homeworld if you will. IAP ruins your immersion in games like this. You're humanities last hope, your fleet is surrounded and facing destruction, what do you do?.....Hang on, I'll just get on the blower to the admiral and buy some permission to use our super weapon!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is anyone else having problems getting this one? If I try and grab it from appshopper I get told that the request couldn't be completed and if I search for it on the app store nothing shows up...?
Old 05-13-2012, 04:09 AM

Looks great, though it sounds repetitive: "waves and waves" of enemies to defeat?

Still, it reminds me of the Homeworld for PC which I found amazing, so I would love to try this, but it's currently not available in Norway.

The TA app gets me all excited, sigh.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanithfirst View Post
Is anyone else having problems getting this one? If I try and grab it from appshopper I get told that the request couldn't be completed and if I search for it on the app store nothing shows up...?
It's been removed from the AppStore mate, nobody knows why.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanithfirst View Post

Me too that's makes two of us...seems like it was pulled for some reason.Anyone catch any bugs in teir gaming net?.....

This looks really cool too......BUT it may be for the best at the moment due to some earlier initial impressions which stated the gory screwfest of IAP... I'm thinking of going with "Gratuitous Space Battles"seeing that I have a ipad2....I much rather pay ten off the top , then ten in IAP for this...
Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

At least it isn't just me then
Old 05-13-2012, 10:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbagemaster View Post
Ditto... Deleting now.
Too bad😞 It's a really well done game. Fun for awhile, but the inevitable wall where it becomes too difficult to proceed without IAP. Of course, it's not a one time purchase either. You have to keep buying and spending "megacredits."
I was a bit harsh in my earlier comments. Gave the game a second chance, and while the IAP nags are a little pervasive, I haven't had to purchase megacredits to continue in the game. Also, it's possible to replay previous levels and grind for more alloy.
Still, would have preferred to pay a buck or two and just gotten a full featured game.