List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

05-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I've been working on the free portion of Sphera (I know, let it sink in that I'm actually playing a relatively new game), and it's actually quite good. Every once in a while it's a bit difficult trying to figure out what to do next, but if you play casual mode you get unlimited hints. The story is cool, the graphics are sweet, the characters are great (and well voiced, to boot), and the mini-games have all been manageable so far. Still haven't been able to bring myself to make the $4.99 full game purchase yet, but I might still be doing that before the weekend is over.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Before I mentioned that Big Fish had Tiny Places for free (apparently the iPad version is also free this weekend). They also have Awakening: The Dreamless Castle HD (and the iPhone version) for free, as well as Mahjong Towers Touch HD (no iPhone version on this one).

Eric Pankoke

05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I've finished Sam & Max - God, how I love these games

I recommend it to you!
05-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Before I mentioned that Big Fish had Tiny Places for free (apparently the iPad version is also free this weekend). They also have Awakening: The Dreamless Castle HD (and the iPhone version) for free, as well as Mahjong Towers Touch HD (no iPhone version on this one).
Bah... I bought Awakening and never Ben played it yet lol. At least I got it on sale for $1.

So these Starbucks cards... Do you have to buy something to get one? I'm exhausted right now, but might go out and try a few locations, see if they have them.
05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.hendricks View Post
New Big Fish Game for the iPhone-link is to Irish iTunes Store but should work globally:

Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker

Sorry for the odd link, it isn't on appshopper yet and I'm on my iDevice.
awesome game,just finished
05-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Bah... I bought Awakening and never Ben played it yet lol. At least I got it on sale for $1.
I haven't played the iOS version of this, but despite the fact that most of my game time is on my iOS devices these days, I still took the time to play and finish this one on my PC. I thought it was a great game. Haven't really been enjoying the second one quite as much, though that could be because I'm trying to play it on my small iPod Touch screen

Eric Pankoke
05-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Yes, you usually do have to make a purchase. I got you one, check your PMs.

Have a great night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post

So these Starbucks cards... Do you have to buy something to get one? I'm exhausted right now, but might go out and try a few locations, see if they have them.

Proud Member of the Beta Tester's Alliance!

iOS Games that I have Tested
05-12-2012, 09:18 PM
In your opinion, are they as good as the original LucasArts game? I have a bunch of them, but haven't taken the time to try them.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonwalls View Post
I've finished Sam & Max - God, how I love these games

I recommend it to you!

Proud Member of the Beta Tester's Alliance!

iOS Games that I have Tested
05-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Yes, you usually do have to make a purchase. I got you one, check your PMs.

Have a great night!
Got it, thanks again

Hmm... I'm guessing not all Starbucks employees abide by that rule, since there are always people who've gotten a whole bunch and post them online. Will have to investigate a bit when I have the time.
05-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
In your opinion, are they as good as the original LucasArts game? I have a bunch of them, but haven't taken the time to try them.

Thanks in advance!
I didn't played the original version, but the new one are great - the humour, and puzzles (for example riddles at Stinky's) are superb