• Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 716.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: All the following SNK apps will be available at $ 0.99 during the "NEOGEO 25th Anniversary" Commemorative Sale!

Sale duration: until May 7th, 2015
Sale price: $0.99
Applications in sale:
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG X
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 1
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOF-i 2012 is currently available at a reduced price! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
"NESTS-Style KYO" and "IORI with the Power of Flames" extra characters are available at the small price of $0.99 each!! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!!
------------------
* If you have one of the following devices, please go to the download screen for "KOF-i 2012" from your device in order to download a compatible version of the application.

Relevant devices:
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch (3rd gen.)
iPod Touch (4th gen.)
iPad (1st gen.)
------------------
* The problem of compatibility with the Bluetooth funtion on iPhone 5S can be avoided by updating to iOS 7.0.3.
------------------

32 playable characters!! Fight against the strongest players from all over via Wi-Fi Network!! 6 different game modes available in SINGLE MODE to enjoy the game for hours and hours even alone! Simple Commands allow to easily perform any type of combo!
The 2D versus fighting game KOF-i returns on iPhone / iPod touch with tons of new content like never before!!

VS BATTLES FROM ALL OVER VIA WI-FI
A"RANK VERSUS" Mode, in which your player ranking changes depending on your number of victories and losses, as well as a FRIEND VERSUS Mode, where your rank is not reflected, are available.
Challenge the strongest players from all over!

NEW CHARACTERS, NEW TEAMS
In addition to the characters from he previous installment, the 4 new ART OF FIGHTING, PSYCHO SOLDIER, KIM, and IKARI teams (12 new characters), join the cast of "KOF-i!! You can now create your favorite team from this formidable roster of 32 fighters!

A SINGLE-PLAYER MODE RICH IN CONTENT
6 game modes are available for thousands of hours of enjoyment even when playing alone: SINGLE BATTLE for 1-on-1 fights, TEAM BATTLE for classic KOF 3-on-3 gameplay, ENDLESS Mode to defeat as many opponents as possible with one character, "CHALLENGE" Mode to clear trials by fulfilling requirements, the newly introduced "TIME ATTACK" Mode to compete for the best clear times by winning 10 matches, and TRAINING Mode to get accustomed to the Virtual Pad-based controls and practice your combos.

SIMPLE COMMANDS
The Virtual Pad recreates perfectly reproduces KOFs smooth controls. Even novice players in fighting games will be able to release various Special Moves, Super Special Moves, NEOMAX Super Special Moves, and other complex moves in one touch. With the Simple Commands, you can easily perform many of the game's fancy combos!!
*Please refer to "TUTORIAL" Mode for an explanation of these commands.

ADDITION OF TONS OF NEW TRADING CARDS, ILLUSTRATIONS, AND OTHER EXTRA CONTENT
Plenty of new Trading Cards (that can be acquired by using points earned during gameplay) along with new Illustrations (which can be viewed at any time by fulfilling certain conditions) have been added to this latest release! Moreover, "KOF-i 2012" includes rough sketches and illustrations that can only be seen here, which fans cannot afford to miss!

SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE OFADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
2 additional characters, NESTS-Style KYO and IORI with the Power of Flames are available to download! (paid DLC)

kerberospkg's comments:

4 new teams, WiFi Rank Versus added!
DLC "Nests-Style Kyo", "Iori with the Power of Flames" $1.99 for each
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/game/i...i2012/english/

05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Congratulations !!

THE KING OF FIGHTERS-I 2012.

Touch Arcade Forums
Game of the Week
02/05/2012

Thanks a lot for your votes!

Check out this week's new releases
HERE

Start voting your 09052012 TAGOTW
HERE

Visit 2012 TAGOTW Hall of Fame and Archives
HERE

- DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AGAIN -
05-13-2012, 02:43 PM
^Awesome! Well deserved in my opinion

Favorites: Ravenmark, Chaos Rings Series, The King of Fighters, Hero Mages, Total War: Battles, Kingdom Rush, Sefirah, The World Ends With You!
Waiting for:Ravenmark new campaign!

05-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
Ugh, I played an Athena player earlier....That whole thing where she can deflect your projectiles and attacks....f*ck that shit. >_< I still won, but damn that's some dumbass shit.
Yeah, it's a dirty move. She's good at keep away. That super she does where she's invulnerable until you hit it somehow, either it connects or you block it, was pretty hard for me to understand at first. Now I try to bait it out and watch her float like an idiot for 5 seconds then punish... Which I also have to be quick to do because she recovers from that in 0.5 seconds. I gotta figure out when it's no longer active.

Also that throw she can do where she covers herself and, if you unfortunately run into it, you get tossed in the air which sets you up for an uppercut or whatever she has planned.

I can see why people use her though. She has some good tricks.
05-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Her super is like a street fighter style super. The invulnerability frames are awesome and i would assume people love that
05-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenOnez View Post
Yeah, it's a dirty move. She's good at keep away. That super she does where she's invulnerable until you hit it somehow, either it connects or you block it, was pretty hard for me to understand at first. Now I try to bait it out and watch her float like an idiot for 5 seconds then punish... Which I also have to be quick to do because she recovers from that in 0.5 seconds. I gotta figure out when it's no longer active.

Also that throw she can do where she covers herself and, if you unfortunately run into it, you get tossed in the air which sets you up for an uppercut or whatever she has planned.

I can see why people use her though. She has some good tricks.
I've played the game through with her, but I still have yet to really figure her out. The guy I played yesterday destroyed my first character and then I kinda figured out his game and was able to beat him, but it took losing a character to do that.

But that Super she has where she floats like that...you can't punish her while she's floating or she'll hit you, is that the case?
05-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
I've played the game through with her, but I still have yet to really figure her out. The guy I played yesterday destroyed my first character and then I kinda figured out his game and was able to beat him, but it took losing a character to do that.

But that Super she has where she floats like that...you can't punish her while she's floating or she'll hit you, is that the case?
Yep. She's kinda invulnerable, but I haven't tried a fireball super yet. I'll try that next time.

This game really comes down to trying to beat the other person's character first with as much health as possible for the second one. If you devastate their first character and have about full health, they can be at a disadvantage if you can keep it up. You have a chance to put some strong damage on their second one which hurts their team badly.

Played someone by the name of "b r yan ki l le r" just now. Had to be one of my hardest opponents so far. So we go at it out of three. Him: Daimon, K', Andy) (Me: Kim, Kensou, Andy). The first one, I got him. Second one, he brought my team down to Andy and I ALMOST got him, but his K' super'd me and got me, with a little health left on both of us. Third match, I went all out with Kim. Pressured his Daimon in the corner and kept him there until he rolled out. Then K' came up, and I went all out on his K. Hit him with a combo and cancelled into his super and took that round. 3 vs 1. I yell out "Lets go!" and.. "You have lost connection with your opponent".

....Wut.

Come on.. I've come back from 3v1 situations before. That's exciting stuff. This is the point where you put ALL of your techniques into play.

Last edited by TenOnez; 05-13-2012 at 09:01 PM.
05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:

You can hit her with certain supers, so long as they don't involve you going into the range of her field.
05-14-2012, 02:13 AM
I had someone do kula's projectile without the lay spin startup. How?
05-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRogue View Post
Did she just block another projectile?
05-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinRogue View Post
Just reflect back opponent's projectile by move "Counter Shell", great to against those boring turtle fireball spammers