iCade compatibility list/wishlist

05-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokendemo View Post
There really does seem to be a problem with the programming. I feel like I read somewhere that programming for the icade involves both a cue for a button being pressed and for the button being released, it seems like they just left the second part out.
I have reported problem in official SpellSword thread in TouchArcade forums. Everplay are well engaged in thread so they are very likely to read my post. Feel free to post there yourself so they know my experience isn't an anomaly.

Edit: Here is the SpellSword thread URL: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=132193

Last edited by yellowknife; 05-09-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Adding URL
05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
At least 4 OrangePixel iCade games are on sale for a buck at the moment. I just grabbed Neoteria; the others are more or less platformers.

Mrgan Adams
Game Center: Adams Immersive
My upcoming game: Scree http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242344

05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Super Lemonade Factory has support for iCade and iControlPad (firmware v2.0 and v2.1a).

Would love to hear any feedback from people who have an iCade on how it works because I did all the dev work with an iControlPad. Apparently they are exactly the same hardware. No one has had any problems yet, so if you've tried it, let me know.

I am the developer of Super Lemonade Factory and
Super Lemonade Factory Two and
I also ported Mode (Flixel-iOS) which is open source
05-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
At least 4 OrangePixel iCade games are on sale for a buck at the moment. I just grabbed Neoteria; the others are more or less platformers.
Can anyone confirm that all OrangePixel games support iCade? Unfortunately their game descriptions don't say anything. I already have Stardash and can confirm that works.
05-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Can anyone confirm that all OrangePixel games support iCade? Unfortunately their game descriptions don't say anything. I already have Stardash and can confirm that works.
I can only personally verify Neoteria (fun so far). But several other OrangePixel games are listed in the big list on p. 1 of this thread: Stardash, INC and Meganoid. Maybe others; I’m not sure. I wouldn’t assume that ALL OrangePixel games support iCade unless someone specifically reports that. (I think they even have an iPhone-only title or two.)

Mrgan Adams
Game Center: Adams Immersive
My upcoming game: Scree http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242344
05-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
I can only personally verify Neoteria (fun so far). But several other OrangePixel games are listed in the big list on p. 1 of this thread: Stardash, INC and Meganoid. Maybe others; I’m not sure. I wouldn’t assume that ALL OrangePixel games support iCade unless someone specifically reports that. (I think they even have an iPhone-only title or two.)
Super Drill Panic is another one listed on the front page. I like the look of Meganoid too. I find the grey scale graphics in Stardash a bit dull. Think there might be a way to change colour though.
05-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
They all work, but I feel like Super Drill Panic is the only one that is any fun. Inc is just ok, and I find both meganoid and stardash are kind of snore-city. And stardash is totally butt ugly. Playing game boy was crappy looking then and even worse now.
05-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote:
They all work, but I feel like Super Drill Panic is the only one that is any fun.
...and it wasn't in the $1 sales.
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Super Crossfire HD is on sale last couple of days. I am not a big shooter fan, but this is one not to miss.

It's by a well known developer (Chillingo).
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
They all work, but I feel like Super Drill Panic is the only one that is any fun. Inc is just ok, and I find both meganoid and stardash are kind of snore-city. And stardash is totally butt ugly. Playing game boy was crappy looking then and even worse now.
the problems with all of those games is the rigid character movement, at least in my opinion. that always kills it for me.