★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

05-17-2012, 09:36 AM
I own Lumines, Wipeout, Disgaea 3, and Rayman Origins. Then some PSN games; Plants vs Zombies, Mutant Blobs Attack, Super Stardust Delta.

I think I may be missing some PSN titles but anyway my biggest disappointment even though I love everything I bought would likely be Lumines or Wipeout. Lumines is great and has a nice soundtrack especially compared to the garbage that was Limines II but there are modes from the previous games that are missing...it just wish it had more modes, I also hate the avatar powers and don't care for that new block that randomized the existing blocks.

Wipeout is great too but I don't like this weird seasons or campaign mode, they should have left it like it use to be.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't trade or sell them I just don't play them as much as I expected to when I bought them. And they were both the two games I bought because I loved them in the past. I think they were my launch PSP titles too.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
No- NOVA 3 looks waaaay better than that. I mean, look at the draw distance. NOVA 3 has fog on the iPhone/iPod versions, but Uncharted doesn't. Why? It's obviously because the Vita isn't powerful enough to create view obscuring fog. Also, Uncharteds terrain looks too rounded and realistic. NOVA 3 on the other hand has lower polygon terrain, which shows how much better the game looks. I mean, who likes smooth edges anyways? Low polygon counts are the future!

^sarcasm^

The debating should stop.
Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?

05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?
Nvm just watched more of the vid...far better environments and character models. I can't get over the lighting, either, though, to be fair, it is a $40 game vs a $7 one.
05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:

Uncharted GA actually a pretty big game there is an amazing amount of variety in gameplay and the graphics are jawdropping in places, lots of trophys to earn as well.

I dare say you could probably play through it in a day if you put in the time and didn't bother with trophys or exploring, but then you can say that about nearly any single player game on a mobile device.

Personally I've yet to complete it but I bought way to many Vita games and I'm playing them each in short bursts.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Uncharted GA actually a pretty big game there is an amazing amount of variety in gameplay and the graphics are jawdropping in places, lots of trophys to earn as well.

I dare say you could probably play through it in a day if you put in the time and didn't bother with trophys or exploring, but then you can say that about nearly any single player game on a mobile device.

Personally I've yet to complete it but I bought way to many Vita games and I'm playing them each in short bursts.
How linear is it?
05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Just curious, many hours of gaming are you guys getting out of a full charge?
05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Just curious, many hours of gaming are you guys getting out of a full charge?
Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too
That seems pretty low to me I think I'm easily getting 4 to 5 but I have disabled bluetooth and lowered the brightness a little. I'm almost certain more than that when I use headphones.

Should probably mention using wifi version so no 3G here.
05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
GL ported dungeon hunter to the vita?
05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
That seems pretty low to me I think I'm easily getting 4 to 5 but I have disabled bluetooth and lowered the brightness a little. I'm almost certain more than that when I use headphones.

Should probably mention using wifi version so no 3G here.
On my old 4g touch I got about 2.5 hrs on a full charge of something really graphics intensive, like mc3, shadowgun, real racing or say gta. With casual games like zombiville or UNO I would typically get 4-5 hrs, but I never really played them straight through a charge.

Battery life really took a turn for the worse after iOS 5, though, and 5.0.1 and 5.1 didn't help much. I'm hoping nothing like that happens with my iPad, I'm getting around 8-9 hrs for stuff like nova or gta.