Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1851  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Drucifer Drucifer is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,439
Default

I own Lumines, Wipeout, Disgaea 3, and Rayman Origins. Then some PSN games; Plants vs Zombies, Mutant Blobs Attack, Super Stardust Delta.

I think I may be missing some PSN titles but anyway my biggest disappointment even though I love everything I bought would likely be Lumines or Wipeout. Lumines is great and has a nice soundtrack especially compared to the garbage that was Limines II but there are modes from the previous games that are missing...it just wish it had more modes, I also hate the avatar powers and don't care for that new block that randomized the existing blocks.

Wipeout is great too but I don't like this weird seasons or campaign mode, they should have left it like it use to be.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't trade or sell them I just don't play them as much as I expected to when I bought them. And they were both the two games I bought because I loved them in the past. I think they were my launch PSP titles too.
Reply With Quote
  #1852  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygamr View Post
No- NOVA 3 looks waaaay better than that. I mean, look at the draw distance. NOVA 3 has fog on the iPhone/iPod versions, but Uncharted doesn't. Why? It's obviously because the Vita isn't powerful enough to create view obscuring fog. Also, Uncharteds terrain looks too rounded and realistic. NOVA 3 on the other hand has lower polygon terrain, which shows how much better the game looks. I mean, who likes smooth edges anyways? Low polygon counts are the future!

^sarcasm^

The debating should stop.
Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?
Reply With Quote
  #1853  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:11 AM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?
Nvm just watched more of the vid...far better environments and character models. I can't get over the lighting, either, though, to be fair, it is a $40 game vs a $7 one.
Reply With Quote
  #1854  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Teknikal Teknikal is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Hey - I remember that! It was a gameloft game last year! Oh, wait, GL clone of it.

Actually, shadow guardian, apart from being a just plain boring game, had graphics that *came fairly close* (in character models and, to an extent, envoronments, but nowhere near the same level of lighting) to this, at least on my old retina touch. But I never finished it, it was the worst 1 gb of space ever wasted (besides silent ops)

But I have a question: how long did the story mode last for uncharted on the vita? In fact, what's the average play time you get for the $$? How long is single player supposed to last for resistance?
Uncharted GA actually a pretty big game there is an amazing amount of variety in gameplay and the graphics are jawdropping in places, lots of trophys to earn as well.

I dare say you could probably play through it in a day if you put in the time and didn't bother with trophys or exploring, but then you can say that about nearly any single player game on a mobile device.

Personally I've yet to complete it but I bought way to many Vita games and I'm playing them each in short bursts.
Reply With Quote
  #1855  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Uncharted GA actually a pretty big game there is an amazing amount of variety in gameplay and the graphics are jawdropping in places, lots of trophys to earn as well.

I dare say you could probably play through it in a day if you put in the time and didn't bother with trophys or exploring, but then you can say that about nearly any single player game on a mobile device.

Personally I've yet to complete it but I bought way to many Vita games and I'm playing them each in short bursts.
How linear is it?
Reply With Quote
  #1856  
Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 AM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Just curious, many hours of gaming are you guys getting out of a full charge?
Reply With Quote
  #1857  
Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Jinathin_x_X Jinathin_x_X is online now
Senior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Just curious, many hours of gaming are you guys getting out of a full charge?
Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too
Reply With Quote
  #1858  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Teknikal Teknikal is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 1,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too
That seems pretty low to me I think I'm easily getting 4 to 5 but I have disabled bluetooth and lowered the brightness a little. I'm almost certain more than that when I use headphones.

Should probably mention using wifi version so no 3G here.
Reply With Quote
  #1859  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
Games requires less graphics is around 3~4 hours. Just like dungeon hunter and Lego Harry potter. But games like uncharted and wipeout is like less than 3 hours. It also depends on if you have wifi on or off too
GL ported dungeon hunter to the vita?
Reply With Quote
  #1860  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
That seems pretty low to me I think I'm easily getting 4 to 5 but I have disabled bluetooth and lowered the brightness a little. I'm almost certain more than that when I use headphones.

Should probably mention using wifi version so no 3G here.
On my old 4g touch I got about 2.5 hrs on a full charge of something really graphics intensive, like mc3, shadowgun, real racing or say gta. With casual games like zombiville or UNO I would typically get 4-5 hrs, but I never really played them straight through a charge.

Battery life really took a turn for the worse after iOS 5, though, and 5.0.1 and 5.1 didn't help much. I'm hoping nothing like that happens with my iPad, I'm getting around 8-9 hrs for stuff like nova or gta.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent