★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Unfortunately it is really hard to record AR games...
No way dude! That's an awesome video! You made my mind up that's for sure!

Maybe after I get some practice in I'll ping you for a MP game.

On a side note I never opened my AR cards and printed some out and shoved them in my case so I don't worry about them getting messed up. If they do I'll just print out some more!

Gamecenter:1337brian
05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,260
http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-game-on-vita/

New resistance burning skies screen shots
I bet my life 100% it does not look like this when you actually play it.
Because this look way too good be true.

But hey, none of games runs on vita's native res yet
Which mean in the future games (hope killzone at least) could be using vita's full screen res.

05-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-game-on-vita/

New resistance burning skies screen shots
I bet my life 100% it does not look like this when you actually play it.
Because this look way too good be true.

But hey, none of games runs on vita's native res yet
Which mean in the future games (hope killzone at least) could be using vita's full screen res.

That cannot be in-game. The gameplay I saw from ign was NOWHERE NEAR that caliber of graphics. Animations were meh, there were no physics, no dynamic lighting and the textures were boring. Holy crap that looks like a full-fledged console title. This much improvement in so little time??
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-game-on-vita/

New resistance burning skies screen shots
I bet my life 100% it does not look like this when you actually play it.
Because this look way too good be true.

But hey, none of games runs on vita's native res yet
Which mean in the future games (hope killzone at least) could be using vita's full screen res.

Killzone has been announced for vita?

Hey, how about a full fledged god of war title on vita, any rumors for that?
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
That cannot be in-game. The gameplay I saw from ign was NOWHERE NEAR that caliber of graphics. Animations were meh, there were no physics, no dynamic lighting and the textures were boring. Holy crap that looks like a full-fledged console title. This much improvement in so little time??
All of IGNs gameplay videos have been off-screen though. Makes it a lot harder to judge how games look, because the quality is lower than direct feed footage. There also hasn't been very much direct feed gameplay shown in trailers either... Which kind of annoys me, because I'd like to know how it really looks.
05-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
No way dude! That's an awesome video! You made my mind up that's for sure!

Maybe after I get some practice in I'll ping you for a MP game.

On a side note I never opened my AR cards and printed some out and shoved them in my case so I don't worry about them getting messed up. If they do I'll just print out some more!
It's local multiplayer only (wouldn't make much sense otherwise)
05-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
But hey, none of games runs on vita's native res yet
Which mean in the future games (hope killzone at least) could be using vita's full screen res.
That's not true. There are quite a few Vita games that run using the native screen res. Some examples are- Rayman: Origins, Plants Vs. Zombies, WipEout: 2048 (though the resolution drops when things start to get crazy, like during combat events- though it does always have AA applied), Super Stardust: Delta (also has some AA going on), Motorstorm RC... There's a lot. The only games which don't run at native res that I can think of are- Uncharted, Unit 13, Hot Shots Golf, Modnation Racers... Almost all of Sony's first wave Vita releases (PSN games being the main exception). As far as I know, there aren't any 3rd party games that don't run full res.

Last edited by tygamr; 05-24-2012 at 12:28 AM.
05-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 2,073
No way to tell what the resistance game really looks like until it's out, I don't think you can really tell anything from the usual low grade youtube camcorder videos.
Even with line video it's pretty hard to judge the games before you see them on the Vita screen the colours just don't do it justice, I've only seen one video that came close and I'm guessing it must have used a very good camera.

Little distracted from my vita at the minute with my new phone and a few games/apps I downloaded for it (mostly kairosoft), that won't last but at the minute I really think it's going to completely replace my iPod it seems to be much faster at everything even using the same apps, even internet wise the HDSPA seems to be even faster than my cable which is very surprising to me.

Don't know what I'm going to do with my iPod now I guess it will just become a permanent music dock.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: In My Head
Posts: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
It's local multiplayer only (wouldn't make much sense otherwise)
Yea I see that.. Oh well pretty cool game for a cheap price!

Gamecenter:1337brian
05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,260
Killzone has been announced when vita was still called "NGP"
And it looked good when they showed lil demo so I bet it looks better now