Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah... while the gameplay is just as great as it's always been on consoles, there's gotta be a framerate issue. N.O.V.A. 3, Infinity Blade II, Sonic 4, you name it... they all run better than this. I can honestly say that I've never EVER seen something run so bad on an iPhone 4. The funny thing is the game is still entirely playable. >_>

I don't know... this can't be right. There has to be problem here. I'm hoping something gets sorted out.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 AM

Played this tonight on both my 4S and iPad "new".

Amazing game. I actually like it more with touch controls.

Not seeing much of any framerate issues Gabrien is complaining about, although there are little hitches here or there. Not even close to show stopper lags.

Also looks great on retina. So glad Virtua Tennis is now in my pocket.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 AM

So lets see:
Poor framerate on a 4s and Ipad 2
Poor save options

No thanks.

This looks like a half-aassed port from Sega and thats a shame was looking forward to this after the disappointment i received from the new mario tennis for the 3ds
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreed View Post
So lets see:
Poor framerate on a 4s and Ipad 2
Poor save options

No thanks.

This looks like a half-aassed port from Sega and thats a shame was looking forward to this after the disappointment i received from the new mario tennis for the 3ds
The only problem is save option (no framerate issue on my 4S and game is great and worthy 4.99).

See.. the point is that developers should also think a little sometimes. Soccer, football, basketball....they all have timed matches. A Tennis match can last forever. So if NFL, NBA, Fifa can save during a match which lasts a few minutes, WHY, TELL ME..a tennis game can't save?
Doesn't make sense to me
Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

ok, it's even worst than I thought. READ CAREFULLY:

not only it doesn't save during a game, but in career mode, if you start a match and then quit to the main menu it is like you forfeit the whole tournament!!!! so not only you have to finish a match, but the entire tournament!! this is ridiculous.

this is what I did:
- played and won ACAPULCO (which btw took about 40 minutes for 2 matches as I went to tie break in 2 sets)
- got the rewards
- paid to participate in CAIRO
- started 1st match of the CAIRO tournament. Played the 1st game of the match. Then paused, quit to main menu.......(i thought that worst case I just had to restart the current match)

WRONG....the screen said that I was eliminated in the quarter finals and got a little reward. Tournament over. Now I have to restart the whole career....because I don't even have the money to re-participate in CAIRO.

Last edited by And_75; 05-24-2012 at 01:39 AM..
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 AM

I would give it a try later
Old 05-24-2012, 02:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Something definitely not right here. If my USB cable disconnects (which is somewhat of a regular ****ing occurrence now) while I'm playing the game, it starts to chug like no tomorrow. Could this be a memory leak?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by And_75 View Post
ok, it's even worst than I thought. READ CAREFULLY:

not only it doesn't save during a game, but in career mode, if you start a match and then quit to the main menu it is like you forfeit the whole tournament!!!! so not only you have to finish a match, but the entire tournament!! this is ridiculous.

this is what I did:
- played and won ACAPULCO (which btw took about 40 minutes for 2 matches as I went to tie break in 2 sets)
- got the rewards
- paid to participate in CAIRO
- started 1st match of the CAIRO tournament. Played the 1st game of the match. Then paused, quit to main menu.......(i thought that worst case I just had to restart the current match)

WRONG....the screen said that I was eliminated in the quarter finals and got a little reward. Tournament over. Now I have to restart the whole career....because I don't even have the money to re-participate in CAIRO.
Damn this is huge failure
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

What would you expect to happen? Wouldn't make much sense if you could quit when losing and just restart the match. Would be impossible to lose. Of course you will forfeit the tournament
Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So far the framerate and the graphics are top notch on the new iPad (at least at mine) but the swipes controls are totally sucks (i love this kind of controls at tennis games). I lost half of my points on matches just because the game gives wrong directions... I try d pad and man.... totally different game... Anyway as i said love swipes controls for this kind of games so i am little bit disappointment. In general good game!