Universal Subway Surfers (By Kiloo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Hassasin

Hassasin Active Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Was waiting for this!! grabbing it tonight!

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    If this is truly the case, it will represent a major shift for Kiloo, and not a good one.:(

The IAP in both Frisbee and Bullet Time HD is about as close to perfect as I've seen, or probably will see. With BT HD in particular, the top 25 players in the world shouldn't have needed to spend a dime to get there, aside from wanting to support the devs.:)

Kiloo's IAP MO seems to be: no IAPs needed for progression, no IAPs necessary to compete on the leaderboards, no expendable IAPs, no IAP items that cannot be earned simply by playing the game, etc. In other words, about as close to perfect as you can get, short of not using them.;)

Hopefully they remain true to form...

DBC

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Really wanted to play this but the game is constantly crashing on my iPod touch 4g. Seems like when game center starts up it lags and crashes the game

4. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Oh, fun!

I'm not usually into endless runners, but I was hooked on Temple Run for a while. Subway Surfers is obviously inspired by it, but I really like some of the changes they've made (swipe controls instead of tilt, especially). I also like the way there's multiple routes depending how risky you're feeling and daily challenges, too.

Sad to say, there's consumable IAP. I'm less bothered by it if the core game is free, but it does make the leaderboards useless.

Cheers.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The IAPs don't make the game less fun, but they do ruin the leaderboards.

6. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Game Impressions

This is way better than the other 3D endless runners out there. Fun gameplay,fresh visuals and perfect swipe controls. If you are good,the IAPs won't bother the core game at all, but sadly ruin the leaderboards as mentioned.

If they could add a pure Leaderboard/new mode with no powerups, this game would be perfect.

7. Bravo Two

Bravo Two Well-Known Member

Subway Surfers is really fun. I spent the whole morning playing this game.

I can see that there are a lot of improvements to the game. Compared to the beta, there are a lot of little additions to various parts of the game to make it smoother, more interesting, and easier to play.

But the leaderboard caught me by surprise. It's just the first day of release but the scores are so high that I couldn't help wonder how these people did it. I am not sure about the relationship between IAP and leaderboard. My guess is people are skipping the missions to boost the score multiplier.

I spent like 7 hours non-stop playing the game to get the current score. Is there a limit to that multiplier?

8. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Game is laggy af on iPod touch 4th Gen iOS 5.1 no JB

9. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Thanks girl for very helpful info! :)

I'm going to download it before I go to bed

10. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Game is unplayable on my ipad3
    Keeps freezing and crashing to the homescreen!

11. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

Subway Surfers Launch

Hi guys!

Thanks for all your feedback, super excited to see Subway Surfers out there.

If you have any impressions, feedback or suggestions feel free to post it right here and I'll get back to you.

Extremely impressed by some of the high scores already, we'll make sure to keep a close eye on the leaderboards to make sure that they're competitive.

12. Georgina

Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Hi, Kiloo_Jeppe. Nice to see the dev here!

Is Shop from the main screen and Boosts from the game over screen supposed to go to the same place? They appear to be identical, but I've noticed if I purchase Upgrades in Boosts (for example, to make the magnet last longer), they aren't upgraded in the same section of Shop and one has to start from scratch again.

Also, it's not super-clear to me how you raise your multiplier. Is it by completing missions?

Otherwise, very much enjoying the game!

Cheers.

13. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi!

Yeah, they refer to the same place, so it's supposed to upgrade both places of course. I've just tried it here, and I couldn't recreate the bug you refer to. Might be that the visual representation is not updating correctly, you should never be able to purchase the same upgrade tier twice. Try closing the menu, or the app to see if it doesn't update properly.

You are absolutely correct. Completing sets of missions increases your multiplier.

Really glad you like the game, thanks!

14. Bravo Two

Bravo Two Well-Known Member

So what is the maximum multiplier?

P.S. You can change the link on your signature now, Jeppe. ;)

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Is there any chance to get a button to the Game Center leaderboard on the main menu? Its annoying to open the gc app seperately.
    I'm enjoying this game a lot, thank you :) looking forward to some gc achievements in the first Content Update :)

16. Georgina

Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    That didn't fix it, but closing the app entirely from the task bar and re-opening it did. Thanks!

17. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Why no comment on this kiloo?
    I bet it has something to do with GC because the freeze & crash happens right after the GC popup

18. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. I've written you a PM about this to get some information.

19. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Ok, i replied with more info!

20. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Found a solution together with kiloo for all players who are having freezes & crashes!
    Turn on airplane mode and it works!