Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Constant crashing on my 4th gen. I've gotten to play a bit though. I haven't played the old games like wings of fury so I came into this totally new. I'm not sure if I like the controls or not.. maybe it's supposed to be realistic or something but when I try to turn or go up and down it takes a loooong time for the plane to actually change the way it's going.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Okay, a non-technical question, here. I just purchased the flaps upgrade, but I'm not entirely sure I understand them. I get that they decrease my turning radius, and that I should probably hit the button to turn them on, but how can I be sure they're activated? There's no visual confirmation. Does a second press turn them off? Does straying away from an engagement, where the icon disappears, mean the flaps disengage as well? Most of the game is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm not sure about these things.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep same here, the update worked for a while and a few days later it kept crashing, the same as last time sadly

ios 5.01, ipod 64 gig 4th gen.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM

I hope ICade support is considered. Looks great.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

FOUND ANOTHER BUG

Playing on the iPod Touch 4g iOS 5.0.0 when you get the first mission that gives you the objective to destroy 2 ships it crashes when i finish the mission and land, or crash, onto the carrier at the end. It crashes to spring board and i have to do the mission again. This is US campaign.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM

On my US campain after the missions it crashes... I have a 2nd gen Itouch.... Please fix
Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 5.x

1.02 released today.

From idea spoon's website :

http://ideaspoonnews.blogspot.co.nz/...for-ipod4.html

Quote:
Wings of Valor - NEW Update for iPod4 submitted

Again, We disappointed our iPod4 customers.
In the previous update, We made some improvements to reduce amount of memory usage to prevent iPod4 crash without loss of game quality and we thought that It worked.
But unfortunately, it was not enough. We agree. Most of our iPod4 users are playing the game but still we are receiving crash reports.
With a few graphic works and some code tricks, we could save more than 35% of memory to run the game.
Of course, there was a little loss of quality. But the 35% was not enough for upcoming updates. We tried our best but it turns out that it's too tough for iPod4.

So we made a hard decision to solve the problem.
For the Best performance and graphics, Wings of Valor will support Retina Display from iPhone4. And we have rolled back all images and effect stuffs to the best quality.

The new fix update(ver 1.0.2) is submitted to Apple today. We hope that this new update for iPod4 users could pass the Apple test as soon as possible. So, please wait for one more week.

This new update including some new features for version 1.1.
But we should fix the iPod4 crash first. So we open them with this fix update.

Thank you.
I hear them. They tried to save room but in the end the Retina display for iPod touch 4 was just using too much memory.

Touch 4's only got 256 MB of memory after all. And in my crash reports wings of valor was using a crap ton.

Last edited by bluspacecow; 05-27-2012 at 05:42 PM..
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

In case the devs are checking this thread out; even though the game is "Wings of Valor" on our devices, I just wish it would be changed to that on the App Store. I know it's nitpicking, buy why the capital O in "Wings Of Valor" on the App Store when it's perfect on our devices?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:37 AM

I managed to play this game on ipod touch 4th gen-8gb ios 5.1.1 by using swap files(obviously jailbreaked) which results in smooth and crash free gameplay (no overheating,crashing or screen burning every thing is normal as ot is before and i have been using it for 6 months)
Old 05-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferolac View Post
I managed to play this game on ipod touch 4th gen-8gb ios 5.1.1 by using swap files(obviously jailbreaked) which results in smooth and crash free gameplay (no overheating,crashing or screen burning every thing is normal as ot is before and i have been using it for 6 months)
edit:since day one release of this game