Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default GTA III Mobile Pack💩[Download!]

GTA III Mobile Mod Pack by thirstydude
-----------------------------------
Savegames

I included a savegame which starts at the first mission that brings you to the third island, so you instantly have (official) access to all three islands in the game. If you DO NOT want this and want to start a fresh game, copy ONLY gta3.set to the documents folder, nothing else!

I patiently tested and optimized this pack so i only have high quality maps and cars in it aswell as long-tested settings. This pack does not limit any of the missions ingame, so you can just install this full pack and start a new game and play it from the start till the end!

I strongly recommend you to use the medium settings because the highest settings are still pretty playable but have some framerate drops in heavy situations!

CHANGELIST:

gta3.set

- Leaves and Newspapers floating around Liberty City
- Uncut Patch for Blood
- Maximized Draw Distance (reduced annoying popups ingame)
- All graphical Effects enabled (Lights, Shadows, Smoke...)
- Enabled AA to enjoy the best possible quality on the new iPad
- Also added a second gta3.set with normal Drawing Distance for a overall smooth game without affecting any other effects, since this is the iPad3 Setting i didn't turn off AA since high draw distance is way easier to sacrifice than a overall better quality.

particles.cfg

- New Reflection System for all Cars
- New Effects like Water Splash and Smoke placed all over the City to breathe a little more life into Liberty City
- Totally new Car-Smoke effects
- other minor changes

Terrain based Changes:

- Stunt Island
- Sky Bridge
- Looping
- Rooftop Stairs with access to Cutscene Interiors
- 2 Bridges connection all 3 Islands together
- Ghost Town Bridge

All new driving physics!

- Now THIS is a real bummer! All cars do now have WAY more realistic characteristics. Ordinary Cars are waaaay slower than the real sports cars, that makes sports cars even funnier to ride. Besides that, heavy engined cars (sports and muscle cars) have a awesome new "slipping" system so, if you are skilled enough, you can drift like never before. for me this is the most awesome change ever made to GTA III!

Car Replacements:

- Lamborghini Murciélago (I changed this model a bit to fix bugs!)
- Ferrari F50
- Hot Rod
- BMW Convertible
- Porsche 911
- Mercedes CLK GTR
- Dodge Challenger RT

NOTE: I tested this pack really intensely with my iPad 3 i had absolutely no crashes, no bugs and no performance problems that cause the game to be unplayable. Please take note this pack is ONLY FOR THE NEW IPAD, i'll do the same pack with optimizations for the iPhone 4 (A4) but this will take it's time. I'll upload it as soon as i'm done

Respect to JBRUU for his helpful settings so i didn't had to start it all from scratch!

Here's the link for the iPad 3 Version! (A5x)

http://www.4shared.com/zip/xiT0vUSp/GTAIII_-_Mobile_Pack.html?

(Don't forget: optionen -> sprache -> englisch!) i forgot to switch it all to english so you can do it easily for yourself. You also need to restore defaults for controls in the main menu!)

A4+A5 Devices Setting (BETA!!!)
for iPod Touch, iPad 2, iPhone 4 / 4S

It contains all graphical enhancements from the iPad version, maps too but no custom cars and no AA. (replace the gta3.set and use all files from the iPad pack except gta3_pvr.img and gta3_pvr.dir BECAUSE i can't get custom cars to work with the A4 version...) You can try it but the standard cars will show up. The FPS are mostly the same as in the vanilla version, but graphics are way better! I'll continue the work on this setting because it's still pretty laggy!

http://www.4shared.com//file/9SYpRPbf/gta3.html?

And if you want to thank me, don't forget to hit that link in my signature

Last edited by thirstydude; 05-28-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 08:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Good job on the Mods ,i'm really enjoying it so thanks alot ! I did notice some Tiny bugs if i'm not mistaken,some supercars wheels get clipped into the ground..normal cars dont have this issue & THE lambo + american muscle car also have their wheels stationed at THE correct place on THE ground but for example THE ferrari and some other cars wheels go into THE ground..
The other issue is regarding the pop up of THE newer cars when your driving,standard cars pop up THE normal Way..meaning That an entre car pops up as ussual,but the modded cars have this weird issue where first The wheels pop up and once you get closer THE rest of THE chassis pops up, it really gets to me when i'm driving and suddenly in THE distance i see 4 wheels on THE road driving without an chassis,is there anything That can be changed to make THE modded cars pop up THE normal Way like THE standard cars?
Anyways thanks for everything ,and other then these Tiny bug i'm very happy with THE end result!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow. We've gone from turning on a5 effects to modding cars to total conversions...

Great work thirstydude. Great. I can't say that I could've done any better. Thanks for all your work!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Good job on the Mods ,i'm really enjoying it so thanks alot ! I did notice some Tiny bugs if i'm not mistaken,some supercars wheels get clipped into the ground..normal cars dont have this issue & THE lambo + american muscle car also have their wheels stationed at THE correct place on THE ground but for example THE ferrari and some other cars wheels go into THE ground..
The other issue is regarding the pop up of THE newer cars when your driving,standard cars pop up THE normal Way..meaning That an entre car pops up as ussual,but the modded cars have this weird issue where first The wheels pop up and once you get closer THE rest of THE chassis pops up, it really gets to me when i'm driving and suddenly in THE distance i see 4 wheels on THE road driving without an chassis,is there anything That can be changed to make THE modded cars pop up THE normal Way like THE standard cars?
Anyways thanks for everything ,and other then these Tiny bug i'm very happy with THE end result!
unfortunately this is a issue that can't be fixed since it's related to the cars themselves and it's pretty hard to find correct cars. I thought thats something we all can live with. I'm really sorry if this bothers you but unfortunately i can't fix this unless you are going to import different cars you can't change anything with this.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:42 PM

I take that we 4s owners could try the ipad 3 package? Shouldnt be that demanding, game is already running with full effects from what i can tell.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
I take that we 4s owners could try the ipad 3 package? Shouldnt be that demanding, game is already running with full effects from what i can tell.
You can try everything with every device if it doesn't work simply reinstall game and everything's back in default

I'd recommend the A5x settings for testing with:

- iPad 3 (working for sure!)
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2

The high amount of custom cars and mapchanges add alot of polygons and this eats up ram! The iPad3 has 1GB thats barely enough for it to run smoothly so try at your own risk with non-A5x devices. Only the new ipad is confirmed to work perfectly.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
You can try everything with every device if it doesn't work simply reinstall game and everything's back in default

I'd recommend the A5x settings for testing with:

- iPad 3 (working for sure!)
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2

The high amount of custom cars and mapchanges add alot of polygons and this eats up ram! The iPad3 has 1GB thats barely enough for it to run smoothly so try at your own risk with non-A5x devices. Only the new ipad is confirmed to work perfectly.
No, it's not "barely" running. It's fine with what I have now, which is 10 modded cars + all the extra effects. Where did you get that notion?? The only time it chugs is when AA and tire smoke is on.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
No, it's not "barely" running. It's fine with what I have now, which is 10 modded cars + all the extra effects. Where did you get that notion?? The only time it chugs is when AA and tire smoke is on.
I dont own a A5 device so i can only assume what it will be like for non A5x devices. 10 modded cars with 10000+ polygons is pushing the ipad to its limits. And i'm not talking 'bout performance, the big problem are long-run crashes. They randomly appear when playing a long time and the device is out of ram. I optimized my pack to push the ipad to its limits but not TOO far so it runs stable all the time. With all other devices having only the half or even lower amounts of ram -> no-go.

Anyways with the completion of my full pack i had stopped the work on gtaIII my actual goal is THPS2 ipad edition.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:00 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It's a matter of optimization on the dev's (R*) part. Check out Forgotten Memories. It looks like s ps3 game with full lighting, shadows, blur, etc but runs @60 fps no crashing. (check out the thread, and no I'm not affiliated).

That said, love the work you've put into the mods. Thanks again.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Forgot to mention this-but I also gave your songs a listen. You sound very talented.