Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Baron Cappuccino Baron Cappuccino is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Plainfield, CT
Posts: 161
Default

I picked up Avadon today, and I love it. My only prior experience with games like this is Neverwinter Nights Two, and I like Avadon better so far. Particularly, I like that the dialogue options aren't blatantly good, neutral and evil like other games. If there's a karma system, it's hidden very well. I don't like it when every action is weighted equally in some artificial karma system where should I accidentally kick a puppy, I lose a point upon which I can pay a beggar to get it back, or vice versa depending on what alignment the best option requires at the time. It seems like Avadon isn't like that, and that makes me a happy panda.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Captive Captive is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
I picked up Avadon today, and I love it. My only prior experience with games like this is Neverwinter Nights Two, and I like Avadon better so far. Particularly, I like that the dialogue options aren't blatantly good, neutral and evil like other games. If there's a karma system, it's hidden very well. I don't like it when every action is weighted equally in some artificial karma system where should I accidentally kick a puppy, I lose a point upon which I can pay a beggar to get it back, or vice versa depending on what alignment the best option requires at the time. It seems like Avadon isn't like that, and that makes me a happy panda.
Absolutely fantastic game,be sure to get Avernum Escape from the Pit Also,its by the same people Spiderweb software and its easily as good as Avadon.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 PM
famousringo famousringo is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
I picked up Avadon today, and I love it. My only prior experience with games like this is Neverwinter Nights Two, and I like Avadon better so far. Particularly, I like that the dialogue options aren't blatantly good, neutral and evil like other games. If there's a karma system, it's hidden very well. I don't like it when every action is weighted equally in some artificial karma system where should I accidentally kick a puppy, I lose a point upon which I can pay a beggar to get it back, or vice versa depending on what alignment the best option requires at the time. It seems like Avadon isn't like that, and that makes me a happy panda.
The developer recently put up a pretty interesting blog post on the morality in his games:

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.ca/2012/0...deo-games.html

Also, there are ponies if you're into that sort of thing.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Baron Cappuccino Baron Cappuccino is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Plainfield, CT
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
The developer recently put up a pretty interesting blog post on the morality in his games:

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.ca/2012/0...deo-games.html

Also, there are ponies if you're into that sort of thing.
Thanks for that. When I play indie games, I like putting a real person to the dev team. That's what's best about ios- there's a real give and take between artist and fan. It's like you're part of the process.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:05 PM
rjkaufman21 rjkaufman21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Just bought this today. Really nice game. It's on sale right now for $5 by the way.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Riotgirl Riotgirl is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 226
Default

I finally completed Avadon after 1 and a half years. I had stopped for over a year, and recently decided to go through my backlog one game at a time to complete them.

I enjoyed the rich world, fleshed out histories, cultures, politics and bickering set against a tapestry of conflict, betrayal, plots and ambition. One of the aspects that I really enjoyed whilst playing Avadon was moral choices not being clear and rigid black / white ones, but often murky hues of grey that transformed certain decisions into agonizing moral conundrums that often saw my character trying her best to make the least, worst choice.

The decisions and choices that you make throughout the game will have a bearing - to differing degrees - on the ending, and how the next few years develop in Lynaeus.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
soundshaper soundshaper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 69
Default

Damn I guess I missed the sale it's 10$ again... Was waiting for it to drop how could I miss out on this!? Sniff sniff
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:59 PM
soundshaper soundshaper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 69
Default

I don't see any price drop in the app activity, the last price drop was in July, did I miss something here?
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Appletini Appletini is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
I don't see any price drop in the app activity, the last price drop was in July, did I miss something here?
Apparently, considering that nobody here mentioned a current or even recent sale. The last post in this thread referencing a sale was made way back in June.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM
iPadisGreat iPadisGreat is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,349
Default

Isn't Avadon 2 coming out soon?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent