★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I picked up Avadon today, and I love it. My only prior experience with games like this is Neverwinter Nights Two, and I like Avadon better so far. Particularly, I like that the dialogue options aren't blatantly good, neutral and evil like other games. If there's a karma system, it's hidden very well. I don't like it when every action is weighted equally in some artificial karma system where should I accidentally kick a puppy, I lose a point upon which I can pay a beggar to get it back, or vice versa depending on what alignment the best option requires at the time. It seems like Avadon isn't like that, and that makes me a happy panda.

I'm just a sixteen bit sprite in an eight bit game.
05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
I picked up Avadon today, and I love it. My only prior experience with games like this is Neverwinter Nights Two, and I like Avadon better so far. Particularly, I like that the dialogue options aren't blatantly good, neutral and evil like other games. If there's a karma system, it's hidden very well. I don't like it when every action is weighted equally in some artificial karma system where should I accidentally kick a puppy, I lose a point upon which I can pay a beggar to get it back, or vice versa depending on what alignment the best option requires at the time. It seems like Avadon isn't like that, and that makes me a happy panda.
Absolutely fantastic game,be sure to get Avernum Escape from the Pit Also,its by the same people Spiderweb software and its easily as good as Avadon.

05-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
The developer recently put up a pretty interesting blog post on the morality in his games:

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.ca/2012/0...deo-games.html

Also, there are ponies if you're into that sort of thing.
05-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
The developer recently put up a pretty interesting blog post on the morality in his games:

http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.ca/2012/0...deo-games.html

Also, there are ponies if you're into that sort of thing.
Thanks for that. When I play indie games, I like putting a real person to the dev team. That's what's best about ios- there's a real give and take between artist and fan. It's like you're part of the process.

I'm just a sixteen bit sprite in an eight bit game.
06-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Just bought this today. Really nice game. It's on sale right now for $5 by the way.
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I finally completed Avadon after 1 and a half years. I had stopped for over a year, and recently decided to go through my backlog one game at a time to complete them.

I enjoyed the rich world, fleshed out histories, cultures, politics and bickering set against a tapestry of conflict, betrayal, plots and ambition. One of the aspects that I really enjoyed whilst playing Avadon was moral choices not being clear and rigid black / white ones, but often murky hues of grey that transformed certain decisions into agonizing moral conundrums that often saw my character trying her best to make the least, worst choice.

The decisions and choices that you make throughout the game will have a bearing - to differing degrees - on the ending, and how the next few years develop in Lynaeus.
09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Damn I guess I missed the sale it's 10$ again... Was waiting for it to drop how could I miss out on this!? Sniff sniff
09-29-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't see any price drop in the app activity, the last price drop was in July, did I miss something here?
09-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
I don't see any price drop in the app activity, the last price drop was in July, did I miss something here?
Apparently, considering that nobody here mentioned a current or even recent sale. The last post in this thread referencing a sale was made way back in June.

Can't hug every cat.
09-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Isn't Avadon 2 coming out soon?