Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011

Same here. I tried to play Pandemic last night and it felt inferior. Didn't even finish the game. That being said, I am having a hell of a time with the "fungus" level on this game. It takes a lot longer to have the disease spread and the DNA points seem to accumulate SO SLOWLY. Any tips/strategies?

2. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Sorry for delayed responses guys - I had to go back to work today!

Plague Inc. is a hobby and I took holiday to manage the immediate launch. Will start responding to everything now though

3. Terrachova

Terrachova New Member

May 30, 2012
    Hey, picked up the game the other day and am loving it. Stuck on Fungus at the moment - my India strategy isn't working out for it.

That said, the only issues I have are with the bubbles being tough to pop sometimes. Rarely, they do not respond, but its the ones that pop up for the northern countries that are hard to get while zoomed out. Having the ability to zoom out a bit more to make these more visible, place hem lower on the screen, or allow us to scroll up more at max zoom would help here I think.

4. klutzb

klutzb Member

May 8, 2012
    Hey, first post here :) Am loving this game, picked it up couple of hours ago and I dont know how far I went but it crashed and I have to do it all over again, is it possible to add some kind of autosave? Like every minute or something that would be great!

5. Ndemic Creations

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Very nice game, it feels faster than pandemic but I havent made my mind yet in which I like the most. Im also having a kick on the fungus level, it takes too long to spread to other countries even using the spore trait.

I dont know if ill be capable of finishing all the types on brutal so I might dig some sort of iap to unlock the cheats, it would be cool to make specialized diseases and see how they spread and such.

7. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I will be buying this when the update hits! Btw, how did you like my short story approach in your contest? :)

8. Flan

Flan Member

May 25, 2012
    Me and my brother picked up this game last night and we've had a ton of fun today playing it. Definitely more fun than pandemic. I do have one question regarding the game mechanics, with the combo symptoms (like the walking dead one) does that kick in regardless of when you get the message or do you only get a boost when the game tells you or is there no additional bonus and it just has a fun name? The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure my brother got the walking dead message pretty soon after he had gotten insomnia and anemia where as I didn't get the pop up about it until pretty close to the end of my game and I had gotten both of those symptoms fairly early on.

Also has anyone had the game say they lost for confusing reasons? Me and my brother both had the game tell us kind of out of the blue that our disease had failed in greenland when it was the last remaining country with the cure at only about 60% (My guess was because neither of us had upped the cold immunity but I'm not sure). I had another kind of confusing situation come up just now with the last game I played. I was playing the bacteria stage on normal and I had destroyed every country but new zealand, had a few deadly symptoms, still had it traveling by bird, blood and had it spreading from the leaking blood kind of symptom combo I forget the exact name. It took a good 10 minutes or so on fast forward for new zealand to finally get down to zero, it kept going up and down on the infected number and when it finally said that everyone who was infected had died the message came up saying I had lost (the graphs at the end of the game looked like they were at 100% death). I'm assuming I just didn't infect everyone in New Zealand but I'm not sure what I could have changed/it would be nice if there was some sort of mechanic to help stop this from happening because it kind of stunk just sitting there waiting for the game to finish and then having it say I lost.

Lastly, me and brother both agreed that it would be nice to have an even faster fast forward option because there were some points when it would have been nice to be able to go through them a bit quicker because not much was happening. It's not really detrimental to the game but it could be a good addition.

Overall though fantastic game and it's great to see the developers listening to everyones responses. I'm looking forward to seeing what other games you put out in the future.

9. Ndemic Creations

Monster reply coming - sorry if I missed anything. Repost them and I will answer them!

There is a lot of cool stuff I have in mind here - just need some time and money!

Nope - small delay but submitted earlier today!

Autosave in the update as well as massive stability improvements which prevent crash

Symptom combos have requirements but also a random trigger. If you don't see the message, you dont have the bonus. They are more likely to happen in the update.

Fungus tweaked a bit in the update https://twitter.com/NdemicCreations/status/207937303593762817

10. Ndemic Creations

A surprising number of people are asking for IAP - I didn't think people liked them but may add them in the future as so many people want them!

11. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Just dont over do it please! An unlock for the cheats ( non-consummable) would be cool!

Im having a hard time spreading fungus diseases so I cant wait to see the tweaks!

12. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I'm surprised to hear so many people want the IAP option...

I love the unlocking process...it guarantees that I come back to the game again and again.

13. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, I agree with meanTuna; please don't overdo the IAP.

Anyways, the game is really fun. Unfortunately, I've had it crash, so I'm pumped for the update.

Playing this really makes me want a slow paced version where you receive push notifications. I could see myself playing just one intense game proactively over the course of a week. Only problem is I wouldn't be able to check on it when I'm away from a wifi network.

Also, will there be an option to turn autosave off?

14. MaverickUK

MaverickUK Active Member

May 1, 2011
    I thought about buying Pandemic, but resisted the urge. After seeing Plague Inc. in the store I decided to buy it, definitely worth the money, a new twist to iOS gaming - kudos for a well executed game dude.

I've found a bug, which is annoying. When the achievement pops up on the left side of the screen, it's white and cannot really be seen - will this be fixed? Also the bubbles cannot be accurately pressed, I'm talking mainly about the ones at the far top of the screen, however others are sometimes slightly unresponsive too.

Have these issues been rectified in the version you submitted to Apple?

15. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I've completed all on Brutal. Unless something is wrong with normal/casual I think the difficulty is fine. It's just learning the strengths and weakness of each type and building towards power symptoms that help your situation.

16. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    By the way I never played on Normal or Casual. So I don't know how they play.

17. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Just skimmed whole thread. Glad to see Brutal get turned up. I'm really interested in seeing a guide on how scoring is done. That way I can develop strategy to maximize score instead of just winning. I can't be the only person done with Brutal. But due to strange luck my disease names evolved into something funny.Without even noticing where I was heading.

Lustis Un( Bacteria wanted to sound Latin)
    Beta Un (Virus)
    Fungal Un(Fungus)
    Para Una(Parasite)
    Una Coli(Prion)
    Una Nano(Nano Virus)
    Weap UnX(Bio Weapon)

When I got to Bio I wanted weapon Un X but was to long so Weap UnX got the job done lol.

18. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    With all of the brouhaha regarding cloning around here, I can't believe that this game is largely getting a pass. It is an EXACT rip of Pandemic 2.5, down to trait names and everything and is at least as blatant as the Tiny Tower clones. For shame.

19. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  20. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I've been wanting to try this after reading the reviews I'm buying it now. :D