Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I've been trying to play using an Unregistered account, but I keep getting the "Network Problem - Unable to contact login server. Please try again later."

Is the login server down? Using AT&T 3G.
Try 2 things:

1. Close the app, then close it from the multitask bar. Sometimes login will fail if the app has been on in the background too long.

2. Make sure to go through the login screen, hit play unregistered, etc. every time. Auto login does not work for unregistered accounts.

If that doesn't help, ask on the Zarksoft forums where the devs actively participate.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I haven't had a chance to peruse the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned...

You CAN try this game before buying it, I just saw it (well, a Flash client) on Kongregate. I was immediately overwhelmed with the amount of buttons and doodads, so I bookmarked it for when I have the time (patience, more importantly) to learn the UI and mechanics. Just figured I would give a heads up. I'm not spamming; I wish the iOS native app had a trial mode before you have to subscribe. Same game though, probably the same servers.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
You CAN try this game before buying it, I just saw it (well, a Flash client) on Kongregate.
Link? I searched for "Empire of the Eclipse" and "Zarksoft" on Kongregate, and didn't find anything in either case.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Ok, I have to say I'd be -extremely- interested in seeing this game since we've certainly never spent any time developing a flash client.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Someone else posted this earlier but I want to reiterate.

I would never pay $99 for a lifetime subscription that I couldnt be sure would still be around for years to come (okay, I did for Megaupload, but in a way that kinda proves my point, who knows what can happen)

I *would* be willing to chance it for maybe $30, or $40 tops, and only then if the game all but gets rid of the bugs and disconnection issues that have been plaguing people.

Having said that if you do manage to get rid of all the bug etc, I would Love to give you my $30

Last edited by Xexist; 06-01-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Xexist - Fair points and honestly I would assume that most people would be skeptical even at the prices you mention until we solve the games current issues. Fortunately I'm confident that we'll get through this and people will eventually be able to more readily see the game for what it is.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Oh, also I wanted to ask a question for the folks that are talking about tedious exploration is. Do you know that probes will uncover every sector they pass through on the way to their destination? Someone posted on the Zarksoft forums that they'd been exploring every sector individually and the very thought made me cringe with pain.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDot View Post
Ok, I have to say I'd be -extremely- interested in seeing this game since we've certainly never spent any time developing a flash client.
I feel like an idiot. There is a game on Kongregate with a nearly identical icon that also appears to have a similar theme. I noticed it BEFORE you released this game, and when I saw the icon appear under "new games" in the AppStore, my brain made a link that, well...hey, I was tired!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:21 AM

im trying to create an account, and the app is just sitting at the animated "thinking" circle after i fill out my account info and hit submit.

also, ipad version?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
im trying to create an account, and the app is just sitting at the animated "thinking" circle after i fill out my account info and hit submit.

also, ipad version?
Just try backing up / backing out.

It did the same thing for me. It DID actually create the account though so I just restarted the app then logged in.

I think I had to do the same things afterpicking a character too.

Not terribly impressive =/