Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 AM

Default Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-31-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:36 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Mobigame, the creators of EDGE... this tempt me the most but now video to be found (only a very old one)

EDIT: Its Mobigame, and I owe them 1 game, so I'm buying

Last edited by TheFrost; 05-31-2012 at 04:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Let's not kid ourselves...this should have been released free. I have a feeling this will probably end up following Jetpack Joyride and Temple Run as paid apps that went free, but more importantly...

I don't care. This is bar none, the most fun endless runner I've played for as long as I can remember. Why? There's so much variation as far as power-ups and backgrounds go. It manages to successfully merge the gameplay found in Canabalt, Jetpack Joyride and Grim Joggers into one flawless package. The graphics are so clay-like, you can just smell them. The missions we've come to expect are here. The backgrounds are so varied and so fun to look at. Manage to fill up a whole...thing...full of brains? You'll get a scratch 'n' win card that reminds you how fun touch screens can be. This is so, so, so much fun.

The downside? Well, of course...the reason it should've been free: IAPs. So far, the game's been pretty damn generous, but like every other game out there now, you've always got that other option. That being said, all the above sort of makes me not care, because it's just so frickin' fun.

So, maybe you should wait till this (perhaps) goes free? Ehhh...I dunno. It's definitely worth a buck.

Exact-Psience, you come to mind immediately. Buy this now dude!

EDIT: Oh yeah, completely forgot...the one problem I have with the gameplay is that you seemingly have to take a leap of faith at the end of every platform when there's a gap between them. The platforms never show up until you're mid-flight. It's by no means game-breaking as the game's somewhat forgiving when you have a lot of zombies, and you always seem to land on a platform either way, but yeah...it would be much, much better if the platforms showed up earlier or something. Kind of reminds me of the first Robot Unicorn Attack release.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-31-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Mobigame, the creators of EDGE... this tempt me the most but now video to be found (only a very old one)
Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
No offense, but could you please stop with your stupid naming schemes ??
This is a gameplay video/impression not a damn trailer.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysis3 View Post
Thanks
Wow, way to be appreciative dude. Not gonna deny that I've wondered why Sanuku calls them "trailers", but yeah...considering what he does for us around here, he should be able to call his videos "I Can Haz Zombeeburgurs lol" if he wants to and we should shut up about it.

Seriously, couldn't you have just reworded that into something less...whatever?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:15 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
wow, way to be appreciative dude. Not gonna deny that i've wondered why sanuku calls them "trailers", but yeah...considering what he does for us around here, he should be able to call his videos "i can haz zombeeburgurs lol" if he wants to and we should shut up about it.

+10000000000000000000
Old 05-31-2012, 04:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yo Sanuku, just curious why you rated this 3/5.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Wow, way to be appreciative dude. Not gonna deny that I've wondered why Sanuku calls them "trailers", but yeah...considering what he does for us around here, he should be able to call his videos "I Can Haz Zombeeburgurs lol" if he wants to and we should shut up about it.

K, I think I over reacted.
We can't deny his good work, but I think he improve his naming scheme just a little!?

/thread
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Yo Sanuku, just curious why you rated this 3/5.
The Reason why I did rate the Game with 3/5 Stars:
  • It`s Universal.
  • It does contain Game Center/Achievements.
  • I had some fun while playing it.

The Reason why I didn`t rate it with 5/5 Stars:
  • It does have absolutely no Story Plot while even the dumbest Runner Game I have played on the iTunes Store in the last five Years did had some crazy, bizarre Story Plot and even a nice Intro and a Story Plot that the hole Gameplay was following through the entire Game. Please don`t tell me I`m to harsh. This is f*cking Mobigame and they could actually create at least a nice Story Plot similar to Jetpack Joyride but instead we get absolutely nothing.
  • Still bugged on at least five different Levels of Gameplay and I`m so sick of those Bugs after I have played through the Mess that Gameloft did deliver last Month with N.O.V.A. 3 when Bugs are so obvious that you have to be Blind to don`t see those.

Offtopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysis3 View Post
Thanks
It`s fine I don`t take it personal on any Level and I`m open for any constructive criticism:

Overall you might not know that about a Year ago I did actually name the first few Videos Gameplay Impressions/Gameplay Video and the Feedback I got at that Time was...
  • ...Idiot...
  • ...Fool...
  • ...Video Nazi...
..naming those the Way you did suggest.

I didn`t understand at that Time what the Problem could be but then someone from the biggest Gaming Network on YouTube showed me a simple Statistic:

8,870,000 results (Gameplay Trailer)
47,100 results (Gameplay Impressions)
11,800 results (Gameplay Impression)

I won`t deny that you are right on some Level but overall it`s currently is as it is and if I would change the current Naming I`m sure that it would lead to exactly the same Result as last Year.

Look it`s not that I do even care what I call them since I would even prefer to actually name those each Time something similar like Zombie Carnaval - Gameplay - toucharcade.com and so on but this would probably drive Eli mad, Arn to an lawsuit against me and I`m currently really not in a mood to actually even spent a Minute at court for something that does cost me more then $3000 each Year with Results that would probably fill in a hole Book of bizarre Episodes.

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-31-2012 at 05:35 AM..