App description: From Battlefront.com, the critically acclaimed creators of the Combat Mission series of wargames: Command American and German troops during and after the invasion of Normandy, June 1944! Combat Mission : Touch mixes fun and realism for a unique, hands-on, 3D wargame experience.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/B5SRcH_6NUg

Features:

Full 3D view of the battlefield
Smoothly zoom from bird's eye for strategic control down to eye level for tactical awareness
Command historically accurate vehicles and infantry units like the M4 Sherman Tank or the German Panther tank
Play solo or head-to-head on the Internet
Invite your friends on GameCenter
Find opponents on the Internet automatically
Watch replays of battles and share them with friends ... or enemies
Watch and replay every detail of the action from any angle
Realistic ballistics and armor penetration algorithms; make no mistake, fun as it is, this is a true wargame!
Realistically simulated weapons and effects
Troop morale and fatigue
Forward observers and artillery
WEGO (as in: "we go together" simultaneous planning and action phases) - the fun of fast paced action with the strategy of turns
Battle across vast distances (2km x 2km maps!)
Play as Americans or Germans
Fight on the beaches, hills, and bocage of France
Includes 7 unique and detailed maps and historical combat missions:
Uncle Red Beach
Morning of the 902nd
Panzer Ace
Off the Beach!
Crossroads
Battlegroup Scholze
Ravenstein's Bridge
More maps and missions will be made available in-app
Includes tutorial video... you had better do what the Drill Sergeant $@*!% asks you to! ;-)

Mythbuster's comments:
Hi,
Combat Mission is out:

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/combat-mission-touch/id496265964?mt=8

More info on their Website: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...293&Itemid=503

Regards,
Mythbuster
04-21-2012, 06:52 PM
It's better. Still some basics missing, but it's better. If (huge if) they can bring this up to a full release version I'll hesitantly give this a "possibly recommend" as it plays now. It still feels like a beta, but hopefully they'll put the time and effort into fully realizing the potential.

Thing still missing IMO:
Shadows
Animations
Enemy unit info
Excellent camera controls (they're up to "ok" now I'd say)
Manual game save
Terrain info

There are also issues with a loaded autosave. Any units that had a poor morale state aren't able to be selected to give orders to until after the next turn, and then they start moving towards the rear automatically. Also, if there are killed and wounded they show up as ok (green square) in the info box.

Sadly it's not there yet. Here's hoping they take this seriously enough to keep going...
04-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post
It's better. Still some basics missing, but it's better. If (huge if) they can bring this up to a full release version I'll hesitantly give this a "possibly recommend" as it plays now. It still feels like a beta, but hopefully they'll put the time and effort into fully realizing the potential.

Thing still missing IMO:
Shadows
Animations
Enemy unit info
Excellent camera controls (they're up to "ok" now I'd say)
Manual game save
Terrain info

There are also issues with a loaded autosave. Any units that had a poor morale state aren't able to be selected to give orders to until after the next turn, and then they start moving towards the rear automatically. Also, if there are killed and wounded they show up as ok (green square) in the info box.

Sadly it's not there yet. Here's hoping they take this seriously enough to keep going...
I think it'd be great if you'd post your thoughts on the BF forum. I know you've had some recent...ummm...interesting dialog with the BF team; however, I think they'd still want your feedback. I'd also suggest you amplify what you mean by "excellent camera controls" so its clearer what you're looking to see in the future.

Just my 2 cents...

--DotComCTO

04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm assuming the BFC people are watching over here also, so they should be aware of my feedback already. If they're not here...well, that would be their loss.

As for the camera, it still has some quirks. The inertia/bounce is much better, as is the responsiveness, but there is still too much effort required at times to get the desired viewpoint. Also if zoomed in quite a bit it's possible to have situations where the camera simply won't move forward, and will actually move backwards with a forward swipe instead. Not as frustrating as it was, but still not something that requires no thought or effort to manipulate throughout a scenario.
04-22-2012, 08:03 AM
i gave up and deleted this game its just no fun.

So awkward to play and navigate around the map.

maybe if i didn't have battle academy i would persevere a bit more with it. but i would much rather just play battle academy, that just works perfectly, like you would expect, no bouncing camera and strange control system, no wondering what happened to your tanks/when did they get hit etc, you cant ever see because the camera is useless, also you miss all the action, explosions/hits etc.

I wanted to like combat mission but its awfull to play, in my opinion, horrible.
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Update is out

What's New in this version:
Now supports iPhone 4/4s and the latest generation of iPod Touch
Retina display on iPad3 at full resolution
Performance improvements
Bug fixes
08-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I have been looking for a mobile game similar to total war, and this just hits the spot. I totally love this game, and my only gripe is the crashes that happens sometimes. Love it!
08-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Oh yes I have seen the trailer of this video game in you tube. It's breathtaking. The action is superb over here. As soon as I saw the promo I have decided to buy it at once and I have even downloaded it. The game entirely consists of fun and excitement.

click this link here now:>[url]http://www.forexdice.com/gamefly-free-trial-offer/653699/[/url]
08-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintoner View Post
Oh yes I have seen the trailer of this video game in you tube. It's breathtaking. The action is superb over here. As soon as I saw the promo I have decided to buy it at once and I have even downloaded it. The game entirely consists of fun and excitement.
08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Grabbed this for free. It's better than I expected. Reminds me of the old "Close Combat" series for PC.

Unfortunately, it crashes constantly on my ipad3, even after closing everything else and rebooting.