06-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoDK View Post
This promo code business is a mess - we decided to make the game completely free for this weekend! You should go and download it now:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/voodoo-friends/id514562699?mt=8
Must. Resist. Free. Platformer. With. Amazingly. Cute. Graphics...

I'm weak... So, so, so weak...

DBC
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post

DBC
Dewwwww eeeeeet! >=/ mwahaha

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

06-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post

DBC
It's actually not a platformer. It's an action puzzler in the vein of Pet Alien or something like that. It's really, really good, though.
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
It isnt a platformer.

This is a puzzle game similar to that Sierra game with the 3 Vikings in which each viking has his own strengths and weaknesses. You use each one's strengths to complement others' weaknesses to solve puzzles and eventually get them to the exit. There are also items you can use similar to Lemmings to help your Voodoo friends get to the exit.

Kinda like Burger Cat with 3 characters.

So far, it has been a blast playing. And with an undo button, it gets better.

Give the game a shot, especially if you like puzzle games. This one is easy to like, but difficult to complete.

If each "level" has 12 puzzles plus the 6 from the tutorial level, there's 474 puzzles all in all. Very impressive content. I hope the puzzles on each one varies from each other puzzle.

I dont see any IAP anywhere which is a very good thing.

EDIT: Googled and the Sierra game is called The Lost Vikings.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 06-07-2012 at 10:14 PM.
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes, this is really outstanding and full of simple charm. My one request is for Game Center support. Thanks dev, for this sweet gift!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont see any IAP anywhere which is a very good thing.
According to iTunes there are four IAP, each are $1. Needle Pack, Gaining Weight, Beam Me Up, and Voodoo Beans.

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
According to iTunes there are four IAP, each are $1. Needle Pack, Gaining Weight, Beam Me Up, and Voodoo Beans.
You can click on the shopping cart within the game to buy those. They are only needed if you get stuck, so it should be totally unnecessary.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Gotcha! Annnnd I'm already stuck. Ha!

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Yeah... found out after I posted my last post.

For those interested to know, the game itself tells you that the puzzles can be solved without these extras. Isnt that grand?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Aside from Capricornman, did anyone get crashing issues. I tried the game 3 time and crashed 3 times. 1st time crashed when trying to load the 1st level. The next 2 times, crashed shortly after starting the first level. I did a full restart after the second crash and still crashed. I haven't tried the game after that..

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?