Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I just noticed a small astethic issue, if you get 1000+ coins in a single stage the numbers overlap the gem icons a little bit. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
Mega Run should be classified more as a platformer, or at least a runner with levels.
We actually started designing Mega Run as a regular endless runner, but we love classic platformers so much that it kind of morphed into a hybrid of the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
I just noticed a small astethic issue, if you get 1000+ coins in a single stage the numbers overlap the gem icons a little bit. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know.
Duly noted! Thanks!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

In world 4, level 12:
Where the red forest gem is, if you fall into the pit right underneath it (like hitting the two spike blocks that it is atop), reviving yourself with a save star will waste it.

Instead of skyrocketing back up, Redford will just stay at the bottom inch of the screen apparently using the save star, but he won't fire up. Once the duration of the save star leaves, Redford falls down again.

I experienced this glitch on my first playthrough.
Wasted two save stars. Should probably look into this, it may just have been me.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
For those who hate iaps, you can get as many save stars as needed by watching videos each day. You get $10 for watching a short video. $150 gives you 25 free save stars - so lots of play with those. Don't waste them for attempts you died right off the bat, but use them for when you are a decent way through the level - or even to get a fireball/speed boost when needed (such as when you know you just missed a gem or are one level above or below where you need to be - and a magnetic pull on the gem would be helpful).
Yeah, It's incredible how many save stars I've been able to get by just watching videos. In about 1/2 hour I earned almost 4$ of in-game currency. It's amazing that devolopers are able to make so much money just from a user watching a 15 second ad!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Do power ups stack?

I remember getting a blue star and immediately getting a yellow star, followed by another blue then another yellow. All before the original blue star's timer ran off. I thought I would still have juice from the other stars but they didn't count apparently. As soon as the first blue star was done, I had no more power ups left.

Maybe a queue forming when you obtain a power up while currently having an active one?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Do power ups stack?

I remember getting a blue star and immediately getting a yellow star, followed by another blue then another yellow. All before the original blue star's timer ran off. I thought I would still have juice from the other stars but they didn't count apparently. As soon as the first blue star was done, I had no more power ups left.

Maybe a queue forming when you obtain a power up while currently having an active one?
Nope, I think the stars override the previous star, and powerups can only exist one at a time. Having stacking powerups would be ridiculous as you get the better upgrades too.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Apocalypse View Post
Nope, I think the stars override the previous star, and powerups can only exist one at a time. Having stacking powerups would be ridiculous as you get the better upgrades too.
Yes, when you pick up a powerup it immideatly goes into effect. Also, once you reach tier 4 powerups some of them last 12+ seconds. If they stacked, you'd most likely have at least one powerup for the entire level!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Sometimes when you let the character walk down a step of platforms when playing the character decides to glitch. I wish I could show you what actually happens. Also, it happens when the character gets bigger too.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

OMG This game is awesome on my iPad.
Not really liked Mega Jump but Mega Run is great.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfury View Post
We actually started designing Mega Run as a regular endless runner, but we love classic platformers so much that it kind of morphed into a hybrid of the two
It's a shame this isn't a classic platformer. That and the F2P kill it for me, sadly. And no Retina for the iPad...And jumping can be very unresponsive. Just my two cents.