Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Not sure how I missed this game ( I love me some zombie killin') but after reading all the great feedback, I decided to give it a try. Though the game isn't rich in story, I'm stuck to spinning in place, and having only one map gets monotonous, the gameplay is smooth and it delivers a scarily fun experience.

Touch Arcade put it well when describing this as a demo, but with a few additions this could be one of my favorite games in some time. I'm not sure what direction you were planning on taking this game, but I have a few ideas of my own.

First, new maps that portray story through subtle hints. Maybe start at the warehouse, then move to the streets, showing the destruction and debri left in the wake of utter chaos. Next up, you make it to the nearby mall, where a radio signal can be heard from a nearby military base. After making a stand against the undead at the base, you somehow hear( or see) hints of the final map, the science lab! Each map could be unlocked after a certain amount of waves is reached in the previous map.

Id also like to see equipment expanded with new guns and possibly armor. Through playing the game and collecting some sort of currency, or IAP, upgrades and new equipment could be earned or bought( though I'm against all IAP and would rather just pay more for the initial game).
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Doogie View Post
Not sure how I missed this game ( I love me some zombie killin') but after reading all the great feedback, I decided to give it a try. Though the game isn't rich in story, I'm stuck to spinning in place, and having only one map gets monotonous, the gameplay is smooth and it delivers a scarily fun experience.

Touch Arcade put it well when describing this as a demo, but with a few additions this could be one of my favorite games in some time. I'm not sure what direction you were planning on taking this game, but I have a few ideas of my own.

First, new maps that portray story through subtle hints. Maybe start at the warehouse, then move to the streets, showing the destruction and debri left in the wake of utter chaos. Next up, you make it to the nearby mall, where a radio signal can be heard from a nearby military base. After making a stand against the undead at the base, you somehow hear( or see) hints of the final map, the science lab! Each map could be unlocked after a certain amount of waves is reached in the previous map.

Id also like to see equipment expanded with new guns and possibly armor. Through playing the game and collecting some sort of currency, or IAP, upgrades and new equipment could be earned or bought( though I'm against all IAP and would rather just pay more for the initial game).
Excellent suggestions. Unfortunately, that kind of storyline is beyond the scope of the game. BUT, new guns and collectable currency are coming in the next update. We submitted it a while ago, so keep an eye out for it in the next day or two.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, the new update is live! We added a new gun, the AR34 Assault Rifle, and we switched to free + ad supported. Of course, anyone who bought the game previously will keep the same ad-free experience.

Based on feedback, we also removed the direct weapon IAPs in favor of a more exciting currency system: Zombie Ears. You earn an ear for each zombie you kill. 100% of the weapons can be unlocked with Ears, so with enough dedication anyone can access all of the content for free. Ears can also be acquired through IAP, and any purchase will automatically disable the ads.

So to recap: anyone who bought the game will have it in the exact same ad-free state, with a new gun and Zombie Ears! Anyone who wants to play the game without paying can get the same full experience, but they'll have to put up with ads. Anyone who wants to remove ads in the new version can do so by buying $0.99 worth of Zombie Ears (the original price of the game). We think this will please everyone, but TA always has a way of tearing apart our expectations .

Last edited by Naquatic; 07-05-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Decided to give this a try since it's gone free.

its definitely an interesting game, have to agree with the review/people who mentioned that it was more of a tech demo.

i think there is room for audio to be improved a bit, as well as the actual zombies.

also I really wish there was some way to implement movement, if i get cornered by a couple of zombies, I want to get my ass out of there, not start spinning around and fumbling trying to reload
Old 07-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
Decided to give this a try since it's gone free.

its definitely an interesting game, have to agree with the review/people who mentioned that it was more of a tech demo.

i think there is room for audio to be improved a bit, as well as the actual zombies.

also I really wish there was some way to implement movement, if i get cornered by a couple of zombies, I want to get my ass out of there, not start spinning around and fumbling trying to reload
Thanks for giving it a shot! Audio tweaks are coming in the next update. We're still trying to crack a movement system. Joystick + gyro has proven too much to handle for all of our testers.