Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Wizschool - Ancient book of Magic [Universal][Match-3 RPG]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

I don't see a Game Center icon in the app store, but there is leaderboards on the their official website.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:17 AM

No offense, Gabrien: strivemind made the thread one minute ahead of yours and he has a video.

Looks cool -- I'll check it out.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
No offense, Gabrien: strivemind made the thread one minute ahead of yours and he has a video.

Looks cool -- I'll check it out.
No worries, I never looked at it as a competition. Besides, now I know where to post some impressions.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

What a strange little game. And I mean that in a good way. Mostly. Basically a Match-3. But with a rather elaborate story attached to the proceedings. A story that's... Quirky. Yes, that's a good word. And one that I'd call very Japanese, if it wasn't apparently, very French. But the two kinds can share surprisingly a lot of common ground in any case. Spelling and grammar errors abound, but don't detract too much in this instance.

The game's goals and mechanics aren't explained particularly well. Why are there three rounds? What affects how many stars I get? What are the stars for? If you can answer any one of the above questions after a half hour's play or so, you're doing better than me. And probably having a fair bit of fun, which I also am, regardless.

Technically the game's well polished, the cartoon art is appealing if not particularly original, and the package as a whole has held my interest for longer than most match-3s do these days on first playthrough.

No IAP.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
What a strange little game. And I mean that in a good way. Mostly. Basically a Match-3. But with a rather elaborate story attached to the proceedings. A story that's... Quirky. Yes, that's a good word. And one that I'd call very Japanese, if it wasn't apparently, very French. But the two kinds can share surprisingly a lot of common ground in any case. Spelling and grammar errors abound, but don't detract too much in this instance.

The game's goals and mechanics aren't explained particularly well. Why are there three rounds? What affects how many stars I get? What are the stars for? If you can answer any one of the above questions after a half hour's play or so, you're doing better than me. And probably having a fair bit of fun, which I also am, regardless.

Technically the game's well polished, the cartoon art is appealing if not particularly original, and the package as a whole has held my interest for longer than most match-3s do these days on first playthrough.

No IAP.
No IAP!!
That's like odd but sweet music to the ears
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

By the way when I first read this title today I thought it was like another pee pee boy game or something like that
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the review Gabrien, I am glad that you had fun playing it. We definitively have to work out the explanation of some of the game mechanics. I'll try to get that in for the next update!

@Capricornman, we choose no to use IAP as the game wasn't really fit for it.

This really is a learning project for us and a lot needs to be worked on from there.
But I'm still quite happy with the result .
Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel - Owloh View Post
Thanks for the review Gabrien, I am glad that you had fun playing it. We definitively have to work out the explanation of some of the game mechanics. I'll try to get that in for the next update!

@Capricornman, we choose no to use IAP as the game wasn't really fit for it.

This really is a learning project for us and a lot needs to be worked on from there.
But I'm still quite happy with the result .
Thank you
I'd like to check out the game now!!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:13 AM
iPhone 4S

Not a fan of match 3 games but this one raises the visual standards with a deliciously retro atmosphere and a level of polish that is surprising for a "first game".

I think it would benefit of a "Game Center" support, along with the built in leaderboard.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:47 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

No IAP.
Would you say Gabrien seal of approval? No offense, just trust your insight into games. Thank you