Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Ah,thanks, and sorry bout that... =o/
No problems And I really don't mind answering.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:58 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthNinja View Post
Space Tripper has touch controls built into it now...

Just a few hours ago I converted Mutant Storm to be Universal and I've been playing it on a iPhone 4S and an iPod4th. Small baddies won't be a problem but the real problem is the ship can get to the edges and your thumbs can cover it or baddies around the ship.

To cure this problem the ship will have to be more centralised on the screen so it cannot go to the edges and have the level pan around the ship a bit.

The game runs at 60fps on 4th gen and above hardware. Unfortunately 3rd gen hardware will need to run at 30fps - the GPU cannot cope at 60fps.

The menus will need to be re-done for the smaller screens - they look very tiny.

Yea, games like Infinity Field, pew pew, or ballistic all move the playing field rather than the ship to prevent edge problems with peoples thumbs getting in the way of their vision.

Beat hazard and mutant storm, let you move anywhere. I kind of hope if you are going to change this, you might have a toggle in the settings to have different viewpoints. It would be cool to have 2 graphic ways to play this, and since the coding is there for the ipad, I would hope you could keep it in, especially for ipad users.

While I would be excited that it becomes universal, I just hope the gameplay on the ipad won't suffer. Ninthninja, if you ever need beta testers, I'm sure a lot of us here would volunteer.

Isotope is an interesting game, in that it is universal, but both the ipad and iphone games are totally different. The ipad version plays with small enemies and a big field, while the iphone version plays with big enemies and a small field. I haven't seen many games do this, so I would hope that shooters could go this route, since the ipad with so much more real estate plays differently.

Cave kind of does this too with smartphone mode and arcade mode in dodonpachi ressurection and others. I usually play the arcade mode on my ipad since the playing field is bigger and enemies are smaller. However on my iphone, I play the smartphone mode since the enemies and bullets are easier to see.

Anyway, good luck on the universal version of Mutant Storm. I think after this next update, it will be the best dual stick shooter on the ios platform. And I looke forward to being able to listen to ipod music with this game, just like I do with beat hazard.

Last edited by Connector; 06-20-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 07:19 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

damn... I WILL make it through the game on Black starting from Room 1... I MUST get the achievement!!! GRRRRWAAAAAH!!! =oD
Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
damn... I WILL make it through the game on Black starting from Room 1... I MUST get the achievement!!! GRRRRWAAAAAH!!! =oD
That's going to be pretty tough to do... If you get it then you will be a small % in the world to achieve that!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Woot..beat the game last night. Had to finally use the bomb on one of the stages...but I finally did it. =)

Now to unlock black belt.

The most dangerous guys for me is the fly (or is it bee) creature that hovers, shoots, moves, hovers and repeat. The shots that you can't break is the ones that causes me the most trouble... Haha..good stuff.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hey all, Space Tripper is a great game! Never heard of it before, but I like it. I know it was released by pompom games, but did you do programming for it ninthninja?

The tilt controls are good, I would have never believed they would work so well. I like the touch controls better but this game is great, and since syntheticvoid caused the sale, maybe pompom games should pay him some commission.

I dont quite agree with sytheticvoid about one thing, Mutant storm is still better than space tripper. But now, I'm glad I have 2 pom pom games. Gotta check now to see if pom pom makes anymore games cause I love shmups and dual sticks.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Hey all, Space Tripper is a great game! Never heard of it before, but I like it. I know it was released by pompom games, but did you do programming for it ninthninja?

The tilt controls are good, I would have never believed they would work so well. I like the touch controls better but this game is great, and since syntheticvoid caused the sale, maybe pompom games should pay him some commission.

I dont quite agree with sytheticvoid about one thing, Mutant storm is still better than space tripper. But now, I'm glad I have 2 pom pom games. Gotta check now to see if pom pom makes anymore games cause I love shmups and dual sticks.
I think it's hard to compare the two games, them being so different in genre and execution, they're equally good in my book.
Excellent games!

I thought I was on the heels of Syntheticvoid, until he mentioned his next goal was to beat the game from level one to the end on black belt... What!!?
Madness...

Love the game, and it might be my excuse to buy myself a couple of Flings..
I usually die when my fingers start to be non responsive on the screen after a good long while. They sort of "stick" to the screen and I have to release my fingers for just a moment and before repositioning, I'm dead.

I am two belts below black belt.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But now, I'm glad I have 2 pom pom games. Gotta check now to see if pom pom makes anymore games cause I love shmups and dual sticks.
Kinda off topic, but the PSP Mini Alien Zombie Death is made by same, it's great. Only beef is that it freezes/crashes occasionally, did it on my old psp go and my Vita.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Jelly Pops is another fantastic PomPom title (had me hooked on it for a good month... I FREAK'N LOVE THAT GAME!)... and so is Monkey Bump...

PomPom RAWKS. =oP

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 06-24-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Kinda off topic, but the PSP Mini Alien Zombie Death is made by same, it's great. Only beef is that it freezes/crashes occasionally, did it on my old psp go and my Vita.
I hope that pom pom and ninthninja can make a shmup bullet hell better than any cave game. Now that would be rad! Space tripper is really fun, but again, it has no music, please make your future games have some music if you can.

But I love playing both Mutant storm and space tripper, they are both great games that will always stay on my ipad. I used to love playing Robotron, and I get the same feeling from Mutant storm.

Ninthninja, any idea when you will put out your update to this game, and how goes it with your tinkering to see if it can be made universal or not?