Barrel of Donkeys is proud to announce Toybox
, a shooter/match 3 mashup coming August 23
Shoot enemies on one side of the screen to earn blocks on the other. Then stack the blocks to score points, power up your weapons and earn extra lives. Survive as long as you can to get a high score. Each week the level changes and there's a new leaderboard to climb.
Things we hope you’ll like about Toybox:
- New level every week - Everyone in the world faces the same patterns of enemies, giving you the chance to learn them and improve. Then after a week the patterns change and there's a new leaderboard to climb. So if you haven't played in a while it's worth coming back for another round.
- Master an all new useless skill - Play a simple shooter with one thumb and a match 3 puzzler with the other. Each side affects the other, so you need to concentrate on the present while planning ahead at the same time.
- It's polite - The rounds are short and sweet, there's no leveling-up treadmill, and no spam-your-friends silliness.
- Daring comebacks - Lost your last life? Quick - you’ve still got a moment to pull off a desperate block combo and get back in the game.
- Simple control scheme, optimised for handheld - Each of your thumbs controls one side of the game. It's simple and comfortable and the hit areas are nice and big, not fiddly.
- Taunt the world (or your friends) - Make the top 3 and your initials will appear at the start of the everyone else’s games for the next week. Or, connect with friends and compare scores within your friend pool.
- Generative soundtrack - Your in-game actions trigger the notes that make up the melody.
- IAP or ads? Nope - You buy it, it's all yours.
Hope it sounds fun! Any questions or feedback welcome.
Julian and Sam